Things that make you go HMMMmmmm

This is the place for Chillin', kicking back and relaxing. General chat from WKC. Play nice.
Re: Things that make you go HMMMmmmm
April 19th, 2013, 12:30 pm

HP, MP drain just need a mage with Zero Reset. If no mage...well then. Guess you can curse lvl 5 for not putting in a divine spell to negate such thungs.

I went to some random rooms. Not many to choose from sadly. Went on an FOD2 with generally bad players. Their gear was either geoforge at 8 or less or in one guy's case, dahlia Varuna set. Doomed to failure but I was bored. Before Argyos, Hades, I asked who would keep Hades busy. Guy who volunteers is in full Yshrenian set +1. I quickly volunteered instead as a mage. My def was higher after all.....
When I tried to draw Hades, our Yshrenian friend used Provoke. Guess he missed my message, perhaps he went into a menu. I also didn't get to say to leave 1 crystal as battle started. Kept getting blasted by them and I couldn't see what I was doing. Things ended pretty quickly. Makes me long for the good ol days where we cruised through GR 26 quests.
Linelie
Mercenary
Mercenary

WKC Avatar: Linelie

April 22nd, 2013, 9:00 am

My rule of thumb with zero reset is more than half the party needs to be in trouble to use it, because it will cancel out the good stuff too. If just 1 or 2 have the drains on them, it's best if they get in the line of fire and get killed.

My rule of thumb with random rooms.... no, just no :D I'd rather farm something solo than deal with that.
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

FFXIV Avatar: Haggar Drinksalott
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: Haggar/Bertha

Linelie wrote:HP, MP drain just need a mage with Zero Reset. If no mage...well then. Guess you can curse lvl 5 for not putting in a divine spell to negate such thungs.

I went to some random rooms. Not many to choose from sadly. Went on an FOD2 with generally bad players. Their gear was either geoforge at 8 or less or in one guy's case, dahlia Varuna set. Doomed to failure but I was bored. Before Argyos, Hades, I asked who would keep Hades busy. Guy who volunteers is in full Yshrenian set +1. I quickly volunteered instead as a mage. My def was higher after all.....
When I tried to draw Hades, our Yshrenian friend used Provoke. Guess he missed my message, perhaps he went into a menu. I also didn't get to say to leave 1 crystal as battle started. Kept getting blasted by them and I couldn't see what I was doing. Things ended pretty quickly. Makes me long for the good ol days where we cruised through GR 26 quests.

Makes me long for that Titan Armor II set. The defense on that thing is just insanely beneficial for melee tanks :quiet: Although it sometimes makes me just want to punch the screen when I see what I need to get just ONE piece of the upgraded set >:( With that in mind, I'd probably focus on something like the Spectral Armor set, since you just need to have some geostones... ...which you never have had before an never WILL have :(
Although there is one downside to the Titan Armor set: While you can lose your arms, legs and head with the set on, you can't take a single fireball without losing all of your HP in the harder quests. It just feels like you HAVE to have the full set of one thing that you like but has crap magic defense and the thing you DON'T want has that awesome magic defense and absolutely garbage regular defense. It's like playing OCD Wars with Skynet. It seems like it knows what move you're going to take next and what you can't handle, so it gives you a bunch of that and a lot of hate for that mission.
The only thing that can really stop that is admitting that you might look like a cross-dresser and just equip whatever armor you want. That or just ignore the whole thing altogether and just fight.
My Realm of the Mad God main account:

aljotron
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Aljotron Thedude
FFXIV Class/Race: Mi'qote Warrior
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
WKC Avatar: aljotron

when an axe uses fatigue and molify
when a LS uses slow
when players refuse to use any debuffs
Kai
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

FFXIV Avatar: Ragna Zyro
FFXIV Class/Race: Dragoon Hyur

Too many players don't use debuffs sadly. All they care about is dps. Axes like using their def down skill to increase their output but hardly use atk down when it's neccessary.

Recently saw a mage wearing Minerva feet. If you think that's bad, another was wearing Greede Sabatons, unenhanced, which are GR 23. Both mages were GR 30. I know people may not want to grind for the rarest mats in the late evening of the game but making GR 26 gear isn't that difficult.
Linelie
Mercenary
Mercenary

WKC Avatar: Linelie

Madoras ready to hit w aoe
i prepd w a counter sword :evil:
deal 0 damage :goner:
Lukia
Neko friend
Neko friend

WKC Avatar: Lukia^_^

John wrote:the fact that you cant beat up the concierge until he coughs up vessels of freedom that uses up pisces...

i know right! especially Leonard! he kept giving me the same TQ 4-5 times in a row! :goner:
Iron Courage. need I say more?
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Sapphire Harushii
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Jack-of-all-trades in training
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW!
WKC Avatar: Sapphire

WARNING: This post is longer than Longcat itself. Please read with caution or you may see yourself reading an endless post (This warning may include hyperbole. Maybe.)
Lukia wrote:Madoras ready to hit w aoe
i prepd w a counter sword :evil:
deal 0 damage :goner:

I hate it when that happens... you prepare for an enemy to hit you but they lose interest and hit somebody else
...then hit you later.Image
With Madoras? The moment you put up that counter sword, you'll die from the damage before you can hit once.

Another thing about Madoras that I just hate is that Stygian Darkness thing that he does with his knight. As a Spear user, this infuriates me because I need to use AC to support and it removes AC from you and it makes me thinkImage because that idiot didn't even do that in my mind. AoE fast-as-raptors-on-meth health / mana drain PLUS the AC removal just makes me wish that I wasn't on the planet anymore. Also, just for fun, here's a comparison of what my reaction is when he does that annoying move and what others think;

My reaction:
Other peoples' reactions:

aljotron
Neko
Neko

December 3rd, 2013, 12:35 pm

Berformet wrote:
Hope wrote:
Bertha wrote:Bows using decoy on a spear tank

It's fun when the die 1 second later too :)

but the again im not crazy enough to take aggro from the tank :ahh:

It's funny how often one can see a DPS taking aggro from a tank on purpose in FFXIV now, since people have been tanks for too long and try to use Flash over and over as a level 15 Thaumaturge... makes me want to cry blood sometimes :headdown:

And sometimes one can see people doing that in later dungeons, such as Cutter's Cry, when you really need to focus on killing Chimera. "It's blue, run away from it! *DPS just sits there* You idiot, get away from it or it'll kill you! *DPS dies* Ugh... let's try again tomorrow with a different DPS *facepalms*"

...and then, of course, the DPS who tries to tank blames the tank on his death, even though the DPS was trying to take that aggro (which makes me want to compress a bunch of porcupines into a cinder block and throw it at that DPS) :TBthrow:

aljotron
Neko
Neko

Previous

Return to General Discussion