Server choice in FFXIV for NekomimisFTW!

Nekomimis FTW is a given ^^, but if you hail from another realm (linkshell/free company) or just want to state your server, class, city, jobs or race - this is the place.

im up for any server really, well aside from legacy servers which from what i read they would have a clear advantage to the rest of us. i usually have my chat filtered for free company, linkshell, and party. i could care less if someone else thinks im playing wrong because i wont be seeing their comments anyway. they can role play all they want, its not gonna be a problem for me one bit.
John
N4Life
N4Life

John wrote:i legacy servers which from what i read they would have a clear advantage to the rest of us.

I'm still trying to get my head around the advantage really, sure they have more gil, more items and weapons and armor, but its not much of an advantage really. out from you're gonna be pvping is not going to affect you in any way. a lot of legacy players ar starting fresh too with new avatars. tbh ifthey start with the lvl50's theres not going to be much for them to do in long term other than doing 'The definition of insanity'

(YAY I GET TO QUOTE THIS!!)

Vaas: Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same f****** thing... over and over again expecting... s*** to change... That. Is. Crazy.

vid of speech here: (18+)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r19CnOZCLis

Which is why insanity, is actually all the more.... sane.
Welcome to insanity people :evil:
so i think we have the advantage of enjoying the whole experience fresh :thumb:
Diord Fionn: Glaine ár gcroí, Neart ár ngéag, Beart de réir ár mbriathar
Truth in our hearts. Strength in our hands. Consistency in our tongues.

Berformet
N4Life
N4Life

WKC Avatar: Shannon (and 7 others)

really doesn't matter to me, I have any form of general chat turned off. As it is with the FC and a couple linkshells it's too much to watch. So yeah, RP server doesn't make a bit of difference to me.
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

FFXIV Avatar: Haggar Drinksalott
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: Haggar/Bertha

Berformet wrote:
John wrote:i legacy servers which from what i read they would have a clear advantage to the rest of us.

I'm still trying to get my head around the advantage really, sure they have more gil, more items and weapons and armor, but its not much of an advantage really

LOL Berf, I think you countered your own point. :TBdunno:

We already have people competing for loot in dungeons, not to mention scrimping and saving to buy new gear or even repair their stuff - I actually ran out of gil and had to grind some low level stuff and sell some junk to repair my gear yesterday. When there are players with effectively bottomless pockets and superior gear, how is that not an advantage? Even if it's not a particularly functional advantage it still looks like a case of 'haves' and 'have nots' to me.

:evil:

With tongue firmly in cheek, I submit this...

It reminds me of the part in Life of Brian when the Judean People's Front(or was it the People's Front of Judea?) - actually I think it was simply the 'masked activists' but that's not important right now - where discussing some matter of import and the question is asked "What have the Romans ever done for us?"

PC1: What kind of advantages do Legacy players have over us? They're just the same, and any differences will disappear in no time at all...
PC2: Well, they have all that gill they brought over...
PC1: Well, yea, OK, the gil..
PC3: ...and all that armor they have.
PC1: Of course, they have their gil and armor, but come on, what kind of advantage is that?
PC2: They have their weapons..
PC1: OK, apart from their gil, their armor and their weapons, what advantage do the Legacy players have over us?
PC4: ...they have their minions...
PC3: and their mounts, you know how long it takes to even get a Chocobo these days...
PC1: ...apart from their gil, armor, weapons, minions, and mounts, what advantage do legacy pla...
PC2: retainers, they have their retainers too right?
PC1: ...and retainers...
PC1: sigh...So, apart from their gil, armor, weapons, other items, minions, mounts, and retainers, what advantage do legacy players have over us?

Here is the original from Life of Brian (uncensored) just for giggles;
Francis:
We get in through the underground heating system here... up through to the main audience chamber here... and Pilate's wife's bedroom is here. Having grabbed his wife, we inform Pilate that she is in our custody and forthwith issue our demands. Any questions?
Xerxes:
What exactly are the demands?
Reg:
We're giving Pilate two days to dismantle the entire apparatus of the Roman Imperialist State and if he doesn't agree immediately we execute her.
Matthias:
Cut her head off?
Francis:
Cut all her bits off, send 'em back every hour on the hour... show him we're not to be trifled with.
Reg:
Also, we're demanding a ten foot mahogany statue of the Emperor Julius Caesar with his cock hanging out.
Stan:
What? They'll never agree to that, Reg.
Reg:
That's just a bargaining counter. And of course, we point out that they bear full responsibility when we chop her up, and... that we shall not submit to blackmail.
Omnes:
(Applause) No blackmail!
Reg:
They've bled us white, the bastards. They've taken everything we had, not just from us, from our fathers and from our fathers' fathers.
Stan:
And from our fathers' fathers' fathers.
Reg:
Yes.
Stan:
And from our fathers' fathers' fathers' fathers.
Reg:
All right, Stan. Don't labour the point. And what have they ever given us in return?
Xerxes:
The aqueduct.
Reg:
Oh yeah, yeah they gave us that. Yeah. That's true.
Masked Activist:
And the sanitation!
Stan:
Oh yes... sanitation, Reg, you remember what the city used to be like.
Reg:
All right, I'll grant you that the aqueduct and the sanitation are two things that the Romans have done...
Matthias:
And the roads...
Reg:
(sharply) Well yes obviously the roads... the roads go without saying. But apart from the aqueduct, the sanitation and the roads...
Another Masked Activist:
Irrigation...
Other Masked Voices:
Medicine... Education... Health...
Reg:
Yes... all right, fair enough...
Activist Near Front:
And the wine...
Omnes:
Oh yes! True!
Francis:
Yeah. That's something we'd really miss if the Romans left, Reg.
Masked Activist at Back:
Public baths!
Stan:
And it's safe to walk in the streets at night now.
Francis:
Yes, they certainly know how to keep order... (general nodding)... let's face it, they're the only ones who could in a place like this.

(more general murmurs of agreement)
Reg:
All right... all right... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
Xerxes:
Brought peace!
Reg:
(very angry, he's not having a good meeting at all) What!? Oh... (scornfully) Peace, yes... shut up!
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

where you think i got the idea from :p great film lol.

at least its not like in gw2 though, where the players from gw1 get special bonus weapons, armor, titles, pets all through access to hall of the monuments.. some of the stuff i'll never have :noo:
also in gw2 theres past events with achievments and items that we can no longer obtain as they were part of a limited time frame to aquire.

ff14 everybody can get all of the games content. its not locked out to new players as in gw2. so thats why i dont see the problem with legacy servers. we dont have it yet but we can get it evetually.

that and i just like to keep threads going :)

Berformet
N4Life
N4Life

Berformet wrote:where you think i got the idea from :p great film lol.

at least its not like in gw2 though, where the players from gw1 get special bonus weapons, armor, titles, pets all through access to hall of the monuments.. some of the stuff i'll never have :noo:
also in gw2 theres past events with achievments and items that we can no longer obtain as they were part of a limited time frame to aquire.

ff14 everybody can get all of the games content. its not locked out to new players as in gw2. so thats why i dont see the problem with legacy servers. we dont have it yet but we can get it evetually.

that and i just like to keep threads going :)

Life of Brian is a great Monty Python movie, one of their best.

I think we all recognize that threads must be kept going, and in that spirit let me say this;

I think we all recognize that the advantage will be most keenly felt in the early weeks/months, and eventually may fade to nothing. But, it's a Realm Reborn and the Nekos are new to all of this, reborn into the void left by WKC2's departure, so we all come into this new world as babes with naught but the clothes on our backs and a letter opener or twig to wave at monsters. Who wouldn't want to start over like that? :TBneko:
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

LOL the reason Monty Python popped into my head was we were talking about something at work and someone said something like "Well, it is what it is, what more do you want? It's better than nothing." My response was swift and Pythonesque - "It's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick..." And thus the pattern for today's humor was set...
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

but what if we haven't got a sharp stick?

Berformet
N4Life
N4Life

Berformet wrote:but what if we haven't got a sharp stick?

simple. run like hell to the nearest tree and tear a branch off. lol
Iron Courage. need I say more?
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Sapphire Harushii
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Summoner-in-Training (currently)
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW!
WKC Avatar: Sapphire

Previous

Return to Eorzea Roll Call