Gathering log (Miner) -work in progress-

Who is that Neko chopping on that tree? Who can make you that cool sword? Find out who your Crafting & Gathering Nekos and ask your questions about DoH/DoL in this section. (Please note that this is NOT a place for requests. Thanks.)
Gathering log (Miner) -work in progress-
September 2nd, 2013, 10:08 am

I've been mining alot recently and i decided to make this post. So, everyone knows which materials miners can gather.
It can be usefull for our craftmen friends who don't know who to ask for materials, if they can't find them in shop or if the market prices are horribly high, for exemple...
Of course, you can ask me, in game, to gather some of them for you. i'll gladly help when i have the time ^-^

Level 1-5

-all kind of shards (shards are level 1 items but ice shards can only be found on level 20+ nodes and earth shards on level 10+ nodes. And don't tell me : "you're wrong, i can get them on level 5 nodes... as botanist" lol Read the subject first. thank you :) )
-copper ore
-muddy water
-Bone chip

Level 6-10

-Tin ore
-Raw sunstone
-Raw lapis lazuli
-Soiled femur
-Zinc ore
-Obsidian

Level 11-15

-Iron ore
-Copper sand
-Rock salt
-Ragstone
-Iron sand
-Cinnabar

Level 16-20

-Raw malachite
-Raw sphene
-Raw fluorite
-Raw danburite
-Alumen
-Sunrise tellin
-Grade 1 carbonized matter
-Mudstone

Level 21-25

-Effervescent water
-Silver ore
-Earth/Fire/Ice/Wind/Lightning/Water rock
-Silver sand

Level 26-30

-Wyvern obsidian
-All kind of crystals (Crystals are level 2 shards, let's say)
-All kind of pigments
-Bomb ash
-Silex
-Brimstone
-Grade 2 Carbonized matter
-Siltsone

Level31-35

-Raw garnet
-Raw Heliodor
-Raw Goshenite
-Raw Peridot
-Raw amethyst
-Raw auamarine
-Mythril ore
-Mythril sand

Level 36-40

-Raw tourmaline
-Raw spinel
-Raw Zircon
-Jade
-Black alumen
-Grenade ash

Level 41-45

-Raw turquoise
-Raw amber
-Raw rubellite
-Electrum ore
-Electrum sand

Level 46-50

-Basilisk egg
-Cobalt ore
-Adamantoise shell
-Ogre horn
-All kind of clusters
-Grade 3 carbonized matter

Level 50 hidden items

-Gold ore
-Darksteel ore
-Coblyn larve (Minion)
-Grade 4 carbonized matter
-Gold sand
-Volcanic rock salt
-Astral rock
Last edited by Kagamini on September 13th, 2013, 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSN id : Seph000
Feel free to add me. But let me know who you are or i'll ignore your request.
Kagamini
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

FFXIV Avatar: Kaga'mi Neko'nyan
FFXIV Class/Race: Dragoon/Miqo'te
FFXIV Free Company: Nekos!!!
FFXIV Linkshell: NekomimiFTW

Thanks kags, this is off to a great start!

As you're building this list, could you also add the locations for each harvest, or a harvests by location?

Right now it's too exciting for me to stray away from combat, but I probably should do something similar for botanist (tree/bush harvests) if somebody else doesn't beat me to the draw :lol:
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

FFXIV Avatar: Haggar Drinksalott
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: Haggar/Bertha

yh, sure. i can add the locations. But to be honest, i don't see why you want me to add them?
If you open your gathering log, you can see which materials you can harvest and their locations.
Kagamini
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

gathering stuff like this? i think the crafting classes n me are going to get along purrfectly =^-^=
Iron Courage. need I say more?
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Sapphire Harushii
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Jack-of-all-trades in training
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW!
WKC Avatar: Sapphire

Does the log list every possible item you can harvest? I figure since the hunting log doesn't show every single creature you can kill, the gathering log wouldn't show every single item you can harvest.

edit now that I'm more coherent... An idea regarding adding locations, have something like

level 1-5
item 1 (location 1, location 2, ...)
item 2 (location 1, location 2, ...)
etc.

I know the log only states 1 location but I'm sure most items are available in more than 1 "zone" ... this would be helpful for people to minimize travelling when they are after a couple specific items. Really, it's just a suggestion. What you're doing is already a great help!
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

Sapphire wrote:gathering stuff like this? i think the crafting classes n me are going to get along purrfectly =^-^=

Well, if this is your thing then you'll be happy to know you can do gathering for 3 different classes (miner, botanist, fisher). The stuff you gather comes into play with the crafting classes. However, start with a combat class and get to the point of having your own chocobo (for easier travelling around) before seriously taking up the gathering classes. At least in the low levels, the gathering classes do level up quickly. I haven't gone beyond lv 17 with one yet (combat is more my thing) so I don't know how much the level-up process slows down as you get to the upper levels. You get a couple side options for some added exp, which will be available to you before attaining your own chocobo.
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

Haggar wrote:
Sapphire wrote:gathering stuff like this? i think the crafting classes n me are going to get along purrfectly =^-^=

Well, if this is your thing then you'll be happy to know you can do gathering for 3 different classes (miner, botanist, fisher). The stuff you gather comes into play with the crafting classes. However, start with a combat class and get to the point of having your own chocobo (for easier travelling around) before seriously taking up the gathering classes. At least in the low levels, the gathering classes do level up quickly. I haven't gone beyond lv 17 with one yet (combat is more my thing) so I don't know how much the level-up process slows down as you get to the upper levels. You get a couple side options for some added exp, which will be available to you before attaining your own chocobo.

nao if only i had the freakin game :(
Iron Courage. need I say more?
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Sapphire Harushii
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Jack-of-all-trades in training
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW!
WKC Avatar: Sapphire

Reached miner level 40 yesterday.
I need 1 more level to update my log.

Does the log list every possible item you can harvest? I figure since the hunting log doesn't show every single creature you can kill, the gathering log wouldn't show every single item you can harvest.

i'm not really sure if the log shows every single items. At level 46 or 50 (don't really remember) miners get a skill that, once activated, shows hidden haverst nodes. something like that.
Once the maintenance is done, i'll double check.

I know the log only states 1 location but I'm sure most items are available in more than 1 "zone" ... this would be helpful for people to minimize travelling when they are after a couple specific items. Really, it's just a suggestion. What you're doing is already a great help!

So far, only elemental shards can be found in more than one locations. For other items, if your log says it's there. then, you'll find it there and nowhere else.
But okay, i'll add all locations once i can get on. and will probably add the exact position of the gathering areas using X**-Y**.

At least in the low levels, the gathering classes do level up quickly

Yes, gathering classes do level up quickly if you keep gathering... lol At level 40 (Need around 320k exp to level up) and mining on level 40 mineral deposits, i get around 350/400 exp per item, depending on the items level. And +200% when HQ. There's also a good way to level up Gathering classes. Leves!!!
Kagamini
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

yes the HQ items, when you have good perception, are certainly nice for gaining exp while harvesting, especially if they're the last item in the chain. Maybe in a week or so I'll do similar to what you're doing but with botanist.
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

Ugh... Forgot to update this post.
I'll add level 41-45, 46-50 and level 50 hidden items.

i don't feel like typing all locations, now. so, that will be for later.
Kagamini
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Great information. when i take up mining this will be a superb reference. Hopefully I can get some time to get my botanist and fisher to higher levels soon, I'm stick harvesting stuff no one wants right now...
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

Return to DoH/DoL Registry & Crafting/Gathering Help