Solo vs party play in FF

Stuck on a quest? Lost your Chocobo? Problems Connecting? Server errors? Ask your questions here, answer any questions that you can. Help each other out.
Solo vs party play in FF
June 26th, 2013, 11:16 pm

Good quote from game creator about the early levels in the game and why it is SO important to get those quests done! :evil:

Producer and director Yoshi-P here.

Thanks for your feedback on guildhests!

FFXIV: ARR has been designed with players new to MMORPGs in mind, which is why there's no need to play in a party until level 15. At that point, players will be introduced to dungeons through the main scenario. Although these beginning dungeons have also been designed with beginners in mind, we understand that some players may want to experience party play before level 15 to be prepared for these dungeons. In answer to this, guildhests have been made available starting from level 10.

It'll be much easier to find a group once the duty finder has been implemented, but we've also received feedback regarding the quests leading up to guildhests. This doesn't mean we're going to force players to party at level 10, but we're considering using sidequests to create a better introduction to guildhests in phase 4.

ℒℴѵℯ, Hina ~ Neko Hime-sama, NekomimisFTW ˚₊✩‧₊(⌯͒o̶̶̷̤ ꀾ o̴̶̷̤⌯͒)* ✩‧₊˚

“Everyone smiles, when they are with you. Please...go and help people in my place. Share your happiness with them." ~ Yui, SAO
Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Hinagiku Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Healer & Weaver
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
FFXIV Linkshell: NekomimisFTW
WKC Avatar: Hinagiku

Re: Solo vs party play in FF
June 26th, 2013, 11:31 pm

It's interesting. From what i have seen it's possible to solo a lot of things - not group events - but a lone player can go reasonably far before the grind would seem to demand cooperation. It definitely appears that the main path to quicker leveling and better gear etc is working together. Then again as soon as you get done with those guildhests or dungeons and you go back to questing or gathering, you might end up solo for a while, though gathering hard to get mats in dangerous areas sounds like an impromptu group quest to me.
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

June 27th, 2013, 3:32 am

When I saw the title of this topic, I was convinced it was about this :

This is what solo VS party play really is. When you team up to quest together, your enemies will also team up, it changes the way to view the fights. When you attack a monster at your level, you'll be fine if you're in solo, but if if have teammates nearby, you'll likely be attacked by 2 or 3 monsters at once. If you attack without knowing what will attack you and without knowing if your teammates area ready to attack the enemies, you'll die often.

The absence of content made for teams before level 10 still allows players to team up on the field and like I just said, it'll change the gameplay a little even if what you're doing isn't specifically designed for that.
Alkor
Banned
Banned

FFXIV Avatar: Alicia Searrs

June 27th, 2013, 11:39 am

even if its THAT easy before 15, id still group up with my buddies, lol
Iron Courage. need I say more?
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Sapphire Harushii
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Jack-of-all-trades in training
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW!
WKC Avatar: Sapphire

June 27th, 2013, 12:04 pm

same. i prefer group together early rather than go solo
Diord Fionn: Glaine ár gcroí, Neart ár ngéag, Beart de réir ár mbriathar
Truth in our hearts. Strength in our hands. Consistency in our tongues.

Berformet
N4Life
N4Life

WKC Avatar: Shannon (and 7 others)

June 27th, 2013, 12:58 pm

sometimes ill like solo'ing stuff, but i prefer group stuff.
Iron Courage. need I say more?
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Sapphire Harushii
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Jack-of-all-trades in training
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW!
WKC Avatar: Sapphire

June 27th, 2013, 5:29 pm

Maybe his point was that a lot of the quests, like story things, MUST be solo. Leves can be done solo or party, but only the person who initiates it gets the reward and if it is done as a party you do not get the full reward. These CAN be done solo.

Everyone kinda has their own paths up to level 15. Each class has a different set of quests. Just going out leveling by killing mobs and looking for FATES is cool with buddies, but that is going to detract you from getting through the few story quests you MUST do in order to get to the point for true party play.

I have learned this much over the last two weekends. I just wanted to play and be with my friends and I have wasted SO much time running around.

The sooner that everyone can get through the story quests and get their class quests done and hit lvl 15, the sooner you can party up for guildhests and dungeons and true group play can start.

If I am wrong in any of this, please feel free to correct me since I have not done any of the group things yet (except just buddying up and leves). But I have read a lot this week, I think this is right. I see where I have gone off-track. :corner:

ℒℴѵℯ, Hina ~ Neko Hime-sama, NekomimisFTW ˚₊✩‧₊(⌯͒o̶̶̷̤ ꀾ o̴̶̷̤⌯͒)* ✩‧₊˚

“Everyone smiles, when they are with you. Please...go and help people in my place. Share your happiness with them." ~ Yui, SAO
Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Hinagiku Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Healer & Weaver
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
FFXIV Linkshell: NekomimisFTW
WKC Avatar: Hinagiku

Return to FFXIV Game and/or Technical Help