2.5 notes

Discuss end-game content in this section - partner up and find team members for battles such as the Binding Coil of Bahamut, the Crystal tower, as well as the relic quest line, hard mode primals and other high level dungeons. Find help guides and ask questions here.
2.5 notes
January 13th, 2015, 8:32 am

Thought that this topic would help those curious about some of the info there is on 2.5

If you want to read it for yourself then here it is but I will layout what it says here if you just want to read it. http://www.finalfantasy.net/xiv/ffxiv-p ... 1-trailer/

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn‘s fifth major post-release content patch will arrive on January 20th, brining with it a host of new trials and continuing the story leading up to Heavensward. This time around the story will continue in three patches, starting in Before the Fall — Part I, continuing in an intermediary 2.51 patch, and further explored in Before the Fall — Part II (currently scheduled for late March).

Here’s a look at what’s dropping in Before the Fall — Part I:
• the continuation of the Chronicles of a New Era, the game’s post-release main scenario
• entry into The World of Darkness, Crystal Tower‘s final chapter, 24-man Alliance content
• the finale(?) of the Agent of Enquiry storyline, featuring Hildibrand — Inspector Extraordinaire
• a trial at Urth’s Fount with the legendary elder primal Odin, 8-man content
• the “Revenge of Gilgamesh”
• a “mystery trial”
• new expert-tier dungeon: The Keeper of the Lake
• hard mode expert-tier dungeons: The Wanderer’s Palace and Amdapor Keep
• new rules for the Frontlines and a PvP Roulette
• a new system called the Aetherial Wheel
• new crafting recipes and vanity options

Of course, there’s more that’ll follow down the pipe, and soon after release. In Patch 2.51 (we estimate will launch in late February or early March), Final Fantasy XIV will see the arrival of the Manderville Gold Saucer which will serve as something of a minigame hub featuring chocobo racing, the return of Triple Triad, “Gold Saucer Active Events”, and other small attractions.

In late March, Before the Fall — Part II will be our lead-in to Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, the game’s first expansion due out this spring. In this patch we’re expecting to see further continuation of the Chronicles of a New Era and The Battle of Ishgard.

I am quite interested in this new system, the Aetherial Wheel. I have never heard anything about it. I think I can guess what the Keeper of the lake is based from what I heard from the story. Yay for finishing off the tower (I am going to have a massive headache going into it)! The last thing I am pumped for is the trial for Odin. That will be interesting especially knowing how hard it is to do the fate with 8 people.
"True Justice For All" -The highlander code in Etrian Odyssey

I want everyone to be happy and if someone is to jeopardize that then I will do everything I can to fix it.
TorchicEX
Neko Guardian
Neko Guardian

FFXIV Avatar: Micaiah Evelyn
FFXIV Class/Race: Au Ra, Raen, Astrologian
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
FFXIV Linkshell: NekomimisFTW
WKC Avatar: TorchicEX

Return to End-Game Sandbox