Titan Exploit

Discuss end-game content in this section - partner up and find team members for battles such as the Binding Coil of Bahamut, the Crystal tower, as well as the relic quest line, hard mode primals and other high level dungeons. Find help guides and ask questions here.
Titan Exploit
April 28th, 2014, 1:20 am

I had qued for a Titan EX and checked the In Progress box. Got an instant que so I popped in just to see if maybe a dps had dced or whatever. I found a group of players using some type of explot where Titan was attacking an invisible/invincible player and couldn't damage him. basically this made the fight a gauranteed win I would suppose. I left out when the walls got broken by jumping down the hole. I guess people will always find ways to do stuff lol.
Linelie
Mercenary
Mercenary

WKC Avatar: Linelie

Re: Titan Exploit
April 28th, 2014, 11:26 am

:lol:

I imagined a group of bots running/selling primal runs this way. Maybe one of their bots dc'd and you got in. lol.
RyuKazuya
Neko friend
Neko friend

FFXIV Free Company: <NekomimisFTW>
FFXIV Linkshell: <NekomimisFTW>

April 28th, 2014, 3:05 pm

Didn't Titan HM have a similar glitch too..? I cause not even Yoshi can handle Titan right.
Paznos
Neko
Neko

May 7th, 2014, 11:45 am

There used to be a hard mode exploit that involved something sort of like that...

I found this on the SE forum from September about the hard mode exploit....
WHM casts regen on tank.
WHM jumps off the cliff while no one is in combat so that the WHM will still have 1 HP.
Tank runs in but does nothing else.
Titan runs for healer because regen is ticking on the tank. (If a tank is pulling mobs and not using abilities, the regen will be enough to aggro the healer -- you've probably seen it when tanks pull groups of mobs... some will go for the healer if the tank doesn't AoE fast enough.)
Titan can't hit the healer because the healer is out of range, but right now, the healer has hate.
Healer spams Medica II for hate.
DPS and tank make sure to not pull hate away from the healer (watching aggro meters) while DPSing him down.
Healer keeps spamming hate-generating abilities. (I'm not sure how the healer doesn't go OOM... unless the bard has manasong up.)
Titan's programming 'breaks' because he can't target his target. He stands there and looks silly while people kill him.

I've also seen mention of an EX mode hack that uses a position hacking exploit to place a ranged DPS outside the arena so that they can still hit titan, but he cannot target them. I was under the impression it had been reported to SE, so presumably a hot fix will take care of it in due course.
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

Return to End-Game Sandbox