Leviathan (hard)

Discuss end-game content in this section - partner up and find team members for battles such as the Binding Coil of Bahamut, the Crystal tower, as well as the relic quest line, hard mode primals and other high level dungeons. Find help guides and ask questions here.
Leviathan (hard)
March 28th, 2014, 9:23 am

He's only been available for a day, still details to figure out and such, but at the very least I've got the basics down. Contribute more from your experiences, this is definitely a work in progress with a lot of refinement to be done.

Party Setup
The standard 2 tank, 2 healer, 4 dps

Recommended Gear
You will be required to have at least average item level 60.

General Notes
Even if your whole party is going in blind, it shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 attempts to get the kill. There are some basic things to keep in mind through the whole fight.

- occasionally a big wave will hit your platform, pushing the party to one side (direction varies)
- whirlpool attacks (small aoe) may share damage amongst players. That is, one player eating the attack takes heavy damage, but several players would take light damage. still need confirmation on this

It's hard to break this fight into phases currently, but it seems like there are 3. I'm just going to list general things known so far.

The first 10% of his health, just dps down. He'll then disappear and reappear with his head on one side of the platform and tail on the opposite side. The main tank focuses on the head and off tank on the tail. It's best that ranged and heals stay out of the line between head and tail, so hang around the center of the platform. It appears that mages should only attack the head, and physical attack the tail. At least as bard, attacking the head reflects damage and will kill yourself. I think the same holds true for mages on the tail. The head and tail share a life bar, so you don't have to kill separately.

When adds appear, the off tank abandons the tail and collects adds, burn them down quickly as they do hit hard. Occasionally, levi will disappear and perform a dash which will cover about half the platform. You have an indication where it will be based on a column of water along the side of the platform. It doesn't hit that hard (about 2k) but still, dodge if you can. When the knockback happens, ranged/heals get back in the middle so you don't get caught in the "crossfire" between head and tail.

At about 50% a message about an elemental converter being ready will happen. You'll see the 2 spots where this could be, interact with it to put up a shield, and everybody huddle together in the middle for quick heals. If you don't put the shield up in time it's a wipe. The music changes after this for a potential phase 3. The main difference here is when he does dashes, there will be multiple dashes in different directions. There are a couple more aoe attacks which are visible. I didn't notice any damage from when the center lights up but there's a larger blue circle one which does hurt a little.
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

FFXIV Avatar: Haggar Drinksalott
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: Haggar/Bertha

Re: Leviathan (hard)
March 28th, 2014, 4:41 pm

Does this fight five any reward, other than completing it?
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

March 28th, 2014, 6:24 pm

KOSMOS wrote:Does this fight five any reward, other than completing it?

15 myth and 5 soldier stones. that's it. extreme mode has weapons, sadly hard mode has no loot :(
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

FFXIV Avatar: Haggar Drinksalott
WKC Avatar: Haggar/Bertha

April 7th, 2014, 9:50 am

It sounds like fun. Can't wait for when I get to try it.
"True Justice For All" -The highlander code in Etrian Odyssey

I want everyone to be happy and if someone is to jeopardize that then I will do everything I can to fix it.
TorchicEX
Neko Guardian
Neko Guardian

FFXIV Avatar: Micaiah Evelyn
FFXIV Class/Race: Au Ra, Raen, Astrologian
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
FFXIV Linkshell: NekomimisFTW
WKC Avatar: TorchicEX

April 7th, 2014, 4:07 pm

Haggar wrote:
KOSMOS wrote:Does this fight five any reward, other than completing it?

15 myth and 5 soldier stones. that's it. extreme mode has weapons, sadly hard mode has no loot :(

It drops the "leviathan barb" for the barding(and housing things i think) on hard mode.
RyuKazuya
Neko friend
Neko friend

FFXIV Free Company: <NekomimisFTW>
FFXIV Linkshell: <NekomimisFTW>

Return to End-Game Sandbox