Private Chamber

This is the place for Chillin', kicking back and relaxing. Talk about Final Fantasy. Don't make the Toppu Neko mad.
Private Chamber
July 1st, 2014, 12:25 pm

One of things I'm excited for 2.3 is personal room. (preview @ http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone ... de31482c6b) It's nice that others will be able to visit your room with the guest visiting setting option.

I'm not sure yet on my room design, I wouuld like to divide my chamber into four smaller rooms (if it's possible to build walls that is within chamber). Would like a bath room, Bed room, lounge room, and a work/craft room. Already have Glade bed and L. Embrance selected, haven't decided on what other things to pick as furnishing yet.

So, are you going to get a chamber of your own and how do you plan to design it?
Eric1230
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

FFXIV Avatar: Karyn Dushkin
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te THM (ilv56)
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
FFXIV Linkshell: Furball League
WKC Avatar: Karyn

Re: Private Chamber
July 1st, 2014, 2:09 pm

I'm excited for the room. And yes, you can use partitions to make separate rooms within your room. From the preview they showed it appears we will have more options for furnishing. I've very happy my FC mate and I have all our crafters at 50 so we can pretty much make anything we want for it without going broke. The 300K price tag is quite enough to have to spend to get the space. We currently separated our downstairs into a bedroom area that will now become sort of a library area with a fire place and the sofas we've had in storage forever. I already have my tonberry bed and sofa as well as my tonberry lights all set for my room. this is gonna be great fun!
psn: Ack-Tar
Colette
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

FFXIV Avatar: Jamie Ciel
FFXIV Free Company: SWEET
WKC Avatar: Jamie/Colette

July 8th, 2014, 1:28 pm

There are also half height partitions now that can be used to create private space without completely enclosing the area, so it seems bigger than it is.

The patch notes were not entirely clear about one thing, which is the furnishings. Depending on the way you read the notes it either implies that you can choose from anything in the estate (as in from the list of furnishings placed in the estate already) and effectively place a copy of that item in your own room; OR it is simply saying that you can place anything in your chamber that you could place in an estate.

Based on the comments I've seen on the SE forums, you get an empty room that you have to furnish yourself, and do not get a list of furnishings from the Company House to choose from.
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

July 8th, 2014, 2:03 pm

It is saying that you can take things from the GC house for your room if you have permission to remove things. You can not make a copy. You must possess the item to place it in your room. And yes, the rooms are quite large. It's going to be great fun decorating it.
psn: Ack-Tar
Colette
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

FFXIV Avatar: Jamie Ciel
FFXIV Free Company: SWEET
WKC Avatar: Jamie/Colette

Return to General FFXIV Discussion