First Expansion

This is the place for Chillin', kicking back and relaxing. Talk about Final Fantasy. Don't make the Toppu Neko mad.
First Expansion
June 13th, 2014, 2:21 am

so it appears the first Expansion is presently slated for an October release, any comments about what you hope to see in it?
Iron Courage. need I say more?
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Sapphire Harushii
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Jack-of-all-trades in training
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW!
WKC Avatar: Sapphire

Re: First Expansion
June 13th, 2014, 3:15 am

Gold Saucer, new playable race, level cap increase, more new jobs, more companions, use retainers like companions, the rest of Coerthas, new zones, new gear... oh and battles that test skill not net latency or reaction time. Some recognition that reaction time is not a skill, and memorization is not an ability to formulate and execute strategy. Relevance for elemental attacks and resistance, though this will need to be balanced to prevent one job being ignored due to elemental abilities being present...or not.
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

June 13th, 2014, 4:06 am

i want to see ''real'' Elemental weapons and Ailment weapons, kinda like how FFX had them though altered for this realm.
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

June 13th, 2014, 5:56 am

Curious to know where you found this information. During the E3 presentations, it was announced that they would begin "talking" about the expansion in October but it will still be a long way off. Updates are still scheduled for approximately every 3 months and they will continue with these. Considering 2.3 is coming in July....that would leave 2.4 for October.

But when we do get an expansion I'd like to see additional jobs for existing classes as well as new classes. More coil and high end content. More upgrade to the Zodiac weapons. And lots more crystal tower. I love the 24 person dungeons, but make it more challenging this time.

I am amazed every day I play at the intricacies of the battle mechanics in this game. It's not all about learning patterns and reacting fast. To me it's about paying attention to all the little details in a battle and working with my team to learn the fights. The teamwork in this game is awesome. I'd love 8 person dungeons, not just trials.

Also of note. Early on they discussed the whole elemental thing and why they are not doing it. I really doubt anything has changed on that front.
psn: Ack-Tar
Colette
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

FFXIV Avatar: Jamie Ciel
FFXIV Free Company: SWEET
WKC Avatar: Jamie/Colette

June 15th, 2014, 1:49 am

I'm not all that into PvP, or at all really, but another thing i think they should let us make use of, is a place or an interaction option of some kind for 1-on-1 PvP
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

Return to General FFXIV Discussion