Heroic Neko saves child!

This is the place for Chillin', kicking back and relaxing. Talk about Final Fantasy. Don't make the Toppu Neko mad.
Heroic Neko saves child!
May 15th, 2014, 1:46 pm

Nekos rule, dogs drool!!
:evil:
Yes, that is a joke (maybe)....

I know that the majority of pet dogs are just fine and not aggressive, and aggressive dogs are generally the result of poor ownership. However I just have to post this video. A warning though, it is a little violent because its security camera footage that captured a dog attacking a child, and then the 'hero' cat jumps in....well, you'll see.

The boy you see being dragged off his bike, by his leg, received a severe bite to his leg that required stitches. It surely could have been worse. Had the boy's family cat Tara not come to the rescue, things could have been disastrous. The dog belongs to a neighbor, it wasn't simply a stray running aruond. Most dogs don't show this kind of wanton aggression, its not clear why this dog was loose, nor why it was so aggressive.

Lots of people dismiss cats as cold, aloof, independent, disloyal balls of claw and fur. Unfortunately in many places cats are simply not valued as pets, while dogs are treated as members of the family. Cat owners however know differently. Sure they are more independent than dogs, they don't have the same pack mentality of dogs, so owning a cat is not like owning a dog. However cats are amazingly loyal, loving and capable of defending themselves.

As you all know, we have many cats in our home, they are either rescues or adoptions from shelters. Over the years I've seen cats do a lot of things, but I've never seen a cat actually take down a dog, and I've never seen such a clear example of a cat defending a member of it's family. Many people don't realize that cats become a part of the family, and they *will* defend their family.

Tara - the cat that saved the young boy, is his family's pet cat. Perhaps her maternal instincts kicked in because she understands that the boy is a human 'kitten'. Or perhaps like many cats she sees her family as soft and in need of a provider/protector. Either way, Tara is to me a Neko of heroic proportions. I've decided that Tara will be honored as a Heroic Neko for displaying huge courage taking down a dog 2-3 times her own size in defense of a child. Not only did she immediately break off the attack, but she chased the dog away, defending her family.

So, in honor of that and for being an example of fine Neko behavior - and because I feel like it - I hereby confer the title of Heoric Neko on Tara.

Here is the hero and the young boy she saved.
:hkclap: :hkclap: :hkclap: :hkclap:
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

Re: Heroic Neko saves child!
May 15th, 2014, 1:54 pm

I found an update to the story;

Cat saves young boy from dog attack

UPDATE - The dog will be euthanize.
A boy and his mother were in their front yard, playing and watering the plants. The neighbor's dog was let out of its backyard enclosure, seemingly by accident. The dog spotted the boy from across the yard and stalked up behind him. The boy never saw the attack coming. The dog clamped on to his leg and began dragging the boy. That's when the family's cat took action.

Responding police officers stated that if this had been their own son, the call response would have been for "Shots fired."

Uploaded with permission.

MOM UPDATE:
Why the mom leave the son... The dog continues to linger on the other side of the SUV. She is trying to run it off while simultaneously getting the attention of the dog owner who is also in his driveway. She ends up going head to head with the dog, and also getting bit herself. Both the cat and the mom are bad-ass.

I tend to agree with the officer, if that was my son and I was in his position, the dog would no longer need euthanasia...

Some folks online had asked about what the Mom was doing towards the end of the video, the second part of the update explains that...
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

May 15th, 2014, 2:43 pm

that cat had alot of courage (or should i say, balls) for going up against a dog. The cat is a real hero, protecting her family. Even if it's not her kin.
Eric1230
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

FFXIV Avatar: Karyn Dushkin
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te THM (ilv56)
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
FFXIV Linkshell: Furball League
WKC Avatar: Karyn

May 16th, 2014, 10:53 am

It's moments like this, that make people proud to be cat owners.

Just today, my sister who has a cat, like the rest of my family, called me about this exact video. After watching it, she too called Tara the cat a hero and should be rewarded with a fine dinner :hkclap:

The soul yearns for Honour, and the flesh the here after.
Look to those who walked before, to lead those who walk after. -- Answers
Asterlan
Neko Guardian
Neko Guardian

FFXIV Avatar: Asterlan Whiteangel
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Paladin
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
FFXIV Linkshell: NekomimisFTW!

Return to General FFXIV Discussion