What did you do in FF14 today?

This is the place for Chillin', kicking back and relaxing. Talk about Final Fantasy. Don't make the Toppu Neko mad.
Re: What did you do in FF14 today?
February 23rd, 2015, 3:35 pm

Ragnarok complete!

I'm in the atma book business again, still wrapping up the 1st one, for blm. I'm at 44 alexandrite, gaining 2-3 a day (roulette then buying 1 or 2 with all the soldiery I get in a day) so that's moving along nicely. No progress on zodiac quests yet. Yeah it's gearing up to atma straight to novus when books are done, then novus straight to zodiac (like the axe was). This really is the last relic I'm doing. I have a couple shiva weapons for other classes that reach 50, also some soldiery tokens and sands.

With some quiet time on Saturday I made my secondary tool for bsm and got supra, so it's knocking on 4 star stats. Next secondary tool will be on Friday, for crp. damn sealants....
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

FFXIV Avatar: Haggar Drinksalott
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: Haggar/Bertha

February 24th, 2015, 12:25 pm

Grats Haggar!
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

February 26th, 2015, 11:04 am

I have been working on tomes and farming alexandrite. There is a lot of work to be done and so little time to do it before "Before the Fall part 2" comes out. I am hoping to get that all ready by then but I don't know if I will have the time.
"True Justice For All" -The highlander code in Etrian Odyssey

I want everyone to be happy and if someone is to jeopardize that then I will do everything I can to fix it.
TorchicEX
Neko Guardian
Neko Guardian

FFXIV Avatar: Micaiah Evelyn
FFXIV Class/Race: Au Ra, Raen, Astrologian
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
FFXIV Linkshell: NekomimisFTW
WKC Avatar: TorchicEX

February 27th, 2015, 7:51 am

It's been a great week in Eorzea. I'm loving Triple Triad, having great luck with the rare card drops; Onion Knight dropped from my first World of Darkness after the patch. But the best thing this week...... Jamie (and Meena) got her glow back! Last night we finished our first Zeta's, (and started on the next ones).

I hope all of you are enjoying this as much as I am.
psn: Ack-Tar
Colette
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

FFXIV Avatar: Jamie Ciel
FFXIV Free Company: SWEET
WKC Avatar: Jamie/Colette

February 28th, 2015, 9:27 am

Most of the past 3 days consisted of leveling bard, and getting other classes ready for future dungeons and such, as well as Heavensward. Thanks to help from Mica and Eddie, Bard is sitting at 42 as of last night. During a roulette run of Cutter's yesterday, i encountered yet another crappy tank, was undergeared and only flashed once per encounter, always with me pulling aggro off of him even with Quelling Strikes active.
Iron Courage. need I say more?
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Sapphire Harushii
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Jack-of-all-trades in training
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW!
WKC Avatar: Sapphire

March 1st, 2015, 10:08 am

You have to love how the final relic step is really just a victory lap. Let it glow! Second Zetas complete!

Stardust Zeta and Last Resort Zeta

We already have a good start into our third (and Meena says final) Zetas. Pictures coming soon, please look forward to it.
Colette
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

March 2nd, 2015, 10:27 am

So I did one of my Expert roulettes yesterday. grabbed my map and went hunting with the two maps I had. Got my 2 alexandrite which puts me at 18/75. After that I began to help a friend (Venith) level up a bit. She hit level 41 last night so she can finally go do Vigil. That is going to be wonderful to run again.

I want everyone to be happy and if someone is to jeopardize that then I will do everything I can to fix it.
TorchicEX
Neko Guardian
Neko Guardian

March 3rd, 2015, 12:12 pm

Did another Expert Roulette yesterday netting me another map for later when I get more, swapped to Ninja to level with Sapphy's Bard and we got to last I checked 43 each. Ran Vigil once with her and I got the knives from that place. Very useful too.

TorchicEX
Neko Guardian
Neko Guardian

March 3rd, 2015, 3:53 pm

Hi y'all, as promised, pictures of Zetas number 3. I had hoped to finish it last evening but bonus windows didn't line up quite right, had to do the last mahatma this morning; but now they are finished!

Kaiser Knuckles Zeta and Yoichi Bow Zeta

So now for some Gold Saucer fun! And back to the light grind for my Ninja, on the last stage before Nexus meaning 200 light to go! Shouldn't take too long, we're going to combine that with trying for card drops. I've had great luck so far with the card drops, and I love Triple Triad.

Keep having fun in Eorzea y'all.
Colette
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

March 4th, 2015, 3:21 pm

Been feeling a bit crappy these past few days. Yesterday I was only able to do the roulette at most before I had to lay down and just talk to people in the LS and FC. Now I have 2 maps in storage so when I get those alexandrites I will have 20 total. still so much to go...that is like what 55 still? I wish there was an easier way than getting 1 a day from the daily map, 1 every 2 weeks from getting the weekly hunts and having many issues with it from fates (not getting lucky at it) and whenever I get 400 tomes (Began to save up again for Ninja gear so no maps from that). Anyone have ideas for that?

BTW I also was able to get the Ninja Gloves with Soldiery. Still can't use it but I am getting close to being able to use them. Only 7 levels till I can.

TorchicEX
Neko Guardian
Neko Guardian

March 4th, 2015, 7:21 pm

Granted this is just my opinion but, you should be getting, at bare minimum, 17 Alexandrite per week. Daily hunts will give you 64 allied seals per day. Multiply that by 7 days and add in your 100 from the weekly hunt and you have 548 seals. Enough for 2 Alexandrite. Then you have the 7 for the week from Morbid Motivation Quest. Doing just your daily roulettes every day will give you 480 soldiery tomestones. Multiply that by 7 days and you have 3360 tomestones, enough for 7 maps. If you also add in the amount of soldiery the dungeons themselves award you that may well be enough for another Alexandrite every day.

Add in the Crystal Tower weekly and those 3 dungeons will give you another 300 Soldiery and an upgrade material for your poetics gear.

If you add in an S rank when you hear them announced, that is 100 seals and 100 Soldiery. A ranks give you 40 seals and 30 Soldiery. Put a team together and go hunting for an afternoon or evening. Join a hunt Linkshell for announcements or use the hunt website yourself to see what's open and go find the hunts.
Colette
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

March 4th, 2015, 8:56 pm

Colette wrote:Doing just your daily roulettes every day will give you 480 soldiery tomestones. Multiply that by 7 days and you have 3360 tomestones, enough for 7 maps. If you also add in the amount of soldiery the dungeons themselves award you that may well be enough for another Alexandrite every day.

Add in the Crystal Tower weekly and those 3 dungeons will give you another 300 Soldiery and an upgrade material for your poetics gear.

If you add in an S rank when you hear them announced, that is 100 seals and 100 Soldiery. A ranks give you 40 seals and 30 Soldiery. Put a team together and go hunting for an afternoon or evening. Join a hunt Linkshell for announcements or use the hunt website yourself to see what's open and go find the hunts.

As I said in my previous post I went back to buying ninja gear with my soldiery. So those tomes haven't been put towards it.

I also haven't been doing much towards other raids, dungeons or anything else that gives tomes because I am leveling Ninja with Sapphy and helping a friend hit level 50. So those tomes and upgrade materials are not something I have been getting since I haven't been doing them.

My issues with A rank and S rank hunts is when I get there others have either already destroyed them before I get there or have it so it dies as soon as I arrive. Most people that do those hunts aren't the most patient bunch and it usually happens when I am doing other things. Plus as I said before I have been doing other things with Sapphy and my friend Venith so I haven't had time to run over there. I put them as higher priority since they look to me to help if I can so I do what I can when I can. Plus I don't get as much time with them on it as much as I wish I did.

Another point is I would rather stick to my easy relaxing pace like this than other paces or else I will probably burn myself out or just want to stop completely with the relic. That is my opinion at least.

TorchicEX
Neko Guardian
Neko Guardian

March 4th, 2015, 10:57 pm

You asked if anyone had any ideas for that. I assumed that meant you wanted ideas, so that's what I did. I've gathered Alexandrite for 4 relics so far and have almost enough for a 5th one so I know a little bit about how to get it.
Also, the hunting community on our server is a very great bunch of people. If you are actively hunting in an area and a hunt is announced, you have plenty of time to get to it (unless it's Friday or Saturday night). Check out the website, know what windows are open and take your friends and go hunting. I guess it really all comes down to how much you want something and how important it is to you.
Colette
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

March 4th, 2015, 11:18 pm

I was asking for ideas but also ideas that could accommodate what I can manage. That was why I was asking for ideas for that with 'that' being the things I can't do. I was just saying why some of those wouldn't work for me. I didn't say all of the ideas wouldn't work but only explained the ones that couldn't.

TorchicEX
Neko Guardian
Neko Guardian

March 5th, 2015, 3:37 pm

Another relic step completed today, here is my newest Nexus. I love how quickly you gain light when you're running dungeons for cards. I also love winning 10K in the daily Minicactpot! It's been a good day!

Colette
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

PreviousNext

Return to General FFXIV Discussion