FF14 beta phase 3

This is the place for Chillin', kicking back and relaxing. Talk about Final Fantasy. Don't make the Toppu Neko mad.
Re: FF14 beta phase 3
June 19th, 2013, 8:47 pm

Kos, in response to your concerns

1), 2), 3) It used to be that there were at least 5 posts a day made in sections that I couldn't see. This has since died down. But that's where my feeling excluded came from.

4) This was, in fact, a misunderstanding. We both took it the wrong way and for that I'm sorry.

5) Same as above, sorry for getting it wrong.

Now, to go into the deeper part explaining my combative attitude. Let me start by saying that I solve conflict through butting heads, firm believer of speaking one's mind here.

About never having a crossed word... remember Neoseeker? Remember "Gee, thanks Lemming, I figured it would not take long for some moron to start pointing fingers."
Remember how that was a misunderstanding that I shortly thereafter came to your guild to apologize for in person? You did apologize and that was great. But you did call me a moron.

And the other thing I was frustrated about, which I am fully aware is a personal issue and is in no way relevant but was key in my outburst: You drummed up business for this forum lots of places. I joined because I really thought this would be the place to be for a community of wkc2 to live on.
For a while there, you disappeared. No posts at all for well over a month. That kinda thing just rubs me the wrong way after all the pep talk.
Maybe it just reminded me of how our original Lollie leader ended up dropping us and we had to raise the new Lollie's from the ashes of the old... I don't know. Either way it bugged me.

"Good lord, what's that saying about no good deed ever goes unpunished?"

Honest suggestion, no snark intended. If you'd rather not get criticized I can leave right now. I had my reasons for being miffed and I've shared them with you. I'd rather not leave this board (and I'd sure as hell rather not miss playing with the Nekos on ff14), but if it would help you I'll do it.
Lem
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

WKC Avatar: Lem/Meena

June 19th, 2013, 8:49 pm

to Colette - no problem :)

I think it is inexperience that is causing a misunderstanding where everyone is trying to accommodate all.

Cookies for everyone! :kawaii:

to Lem - from your manner of speech, I am guessing you are British. ;) Maybe not, but that would be my guess and would explain a lot. :thumb:

Yes, personal issues took precedence over lots.

ℒℴѵℯ, Hina ~ Neko Hime-sama, NekomimisFTW ˚₊✩‧₊(⌯͒o̶̶̷̤ ꀾ o̴̶̷̤⌯͒)* ✩‧₊˚

“Everyone smiles, when they are with you. Please...go and help people in my place. Share your happiness with them." ~ Yui, SAO
Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Hinagiku Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Healer & Weaver
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
FFXIV Linkshell: NekomimisFTW
WKC Avatar: Hinagiku

June 19th, 2013, 11:27 pm

Lem wrote:Now, to go into the deeper part explaining my combative attitude. Let me start by saying that I solve conflict through butting heads, firm believer of speaking one's mind here.

About never having a crossed word... remember Neoseeker? Remember "Gee, thanks Lemming, I figured it would not take long for some moron to start pointing fingers."
Remember how that was a misunderstanding that I shortly thereafter came to your guild to apologize for in person? You did apologize and that was great. But you did call me a moron.

And the other thing I was frustrated about, which I am fully aware is a personal issue and is in no way relevant but was key in my outburst: You drummed up business for this forum lots of places. I joined because I really thought this would be the place to be for a community of wkc2 to live on.
For a while there, you disappeared. No posts at all for well over a month. That kinda thing just rubs me the wrong way after all the pep talk.
Maybe it just reminded me of how our original Lollie leader ended up dropping us and we had to raise the new Lollie's from the ashes of the old... I don't know. Either way it bugged me.

"Good lord, what's that saying about no good deed ever goes unpunished?"

Honest suggestion, no snark intended. If you'd rather not get criticized I can leave right now. I had my reasons for being miffed and I've shared them with you. I'd rather not leave this board (and I'd sure as hell rather not miss playing with the Nekos on ff14), but if it would help you I'll do it.

I believe in speaking my mind as well, as you know. Yes, we did have a major misunderstanding on Neoseeker, and I did apologize, and I was sincere. One thing I believe in other than speaking my mind is putting my hand up and admitting when I get/do something wrong. That's why I went back to Neoseeker to apologize.

My absence from the forum is/was entirely my own fault and doing. In a nutshell, I got burned out in WKC, burned out at work - at the same time as work got both extremely busy and very uncertain (layoffs), and to top off the cake my wife's back which has undergone several fusion surgeries turns out not to have healed properly from the first fusion. To be perfectly frank the entire thing really got on top of me and I stopped posting here, Facebook and several other places where I was a daily regular contributor. It took a while for me to get back to being myself again. I can only apologize for the time I was away, I could have done better at communicating with everyone, clearly I did not.

Lem, speaking my mind again, I really don't want you or anyone else to leave. I don't have a problem with criticism, or sarcasm, as you said, there was clearly a mis-understanding. I don't want you or Colette or anyone else to leave the forum. FFXIV:ARR appears to have a long future ahead of it, and I want to get off to as good a start as we can. We did have a nice community on WKC - it went beyond single guilds, and we all share the loss of WKC. I want to step forward with all of you into FFXIV:ARR.

We've kind of cleared the air in this topic Lem, so how about this; WKC is over, as much as we all loved it (demonstrated by the playing hours) it's gone, and we must move on. Final Fantasy XIV is the future, it's a new beginning. So let's let whatever has happened in the past end with WKC, now; and move forward into the new beginning together. Of course we will all wish to retain our identity forged over months in WKC. Unlike WKC, FFXIV appears to promote cooperation between Free Companies, so we can all work together whenever we want or need to.

So, all of that said, who's online this weekend in FFXIV Beta phase 3?
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

June 20th, 2013, 8:36 am

KOSMOS wrote:WKC is over, as much as we all loved it (demonstrated by the playing hours) it's gone, and we must move on. Final Fantasy XIV is the future, it's a new beginning. So let's let whatever has happened in the past end with WKC, now; and move forward into the new beginning together. Of course we will all wish to retain our identity forged over months in WKC. Unlike WKC, FFXIV appears to promote cooperation between Free Companies, so we can all work together whenever we want or need to.

Agreed.

KOSMOS wrote:So, all of that said, who's online this weekend in FFXIV Beta phase 3?

I will probably be on nonstop starting Friday morning.
Lem
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

WKC Avatar: Lem/Meena

June 20th, 2013, 10:52 am

I'll play as much as I can. Wish they has it open Saturday and Sunday, though. Friday I work and Saturday I'm usually busy for part of the day~
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

FFXIV Avatar: Gemma Shahrizai
FFXIV Class/Race: THM/Hyur
FFXIV Free Company: Last Order (Test)
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW

June 20th, 2013, 3:54 pm

i'll try and fit a few hours in when i can, but i know i won't have very much time. friday night and saturday night most likely. i'll drop in here first to see who is who.
Guild Wars 2: feldorn.6873 80 war/rng/nec/eng Crystal Desert
feldorn
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

WKC Avatar: Feldorn

June 20th, 2013, 9:06 pm

Counting the hours....lol, Hina and I will play as much as possible, but we are also attending a local Anime convention Friday/Saturday, so our daytime playtime will be reduced a bit. However, we'll be there as long as our bodies and minds hold out overnight...
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

June 24th, 2013, 12:03 am

Really enjoyed the weekend. I played mostly solo or with Will. A bit with Paz and Kos.

Kos was sick for quite a bit of the weekend, so we didn't go to the anime con (that and the fact that my back is in a brace again). So I was off trying to level and do some story quests. I made it to lvl 17 and unlocked guildhests and leves.

I haven't got to do any guildhests yet and didn't see much of other folks in the LS. I did lots of exploring and got quite a bit of the map unlocked. Still trying to get to Limsa. Began some crafting and made a couple of things.

Maybe more next weekend.

“Everyone smiles, when they are with you. Please...go and help people in my place. Share your happiness with them." ~ Yui, SAO
Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

June 24th, 2013, 3:25 am

like i said on another topic, i will join everyone on FF14, don't know when though. i miss WKC like crazy, i have a hard time NOT crying, but nothing.... NOTHING, will fill the void it has left.
Iron Courage. need I say more?
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Sapphire Harushii
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Jack-of-all-trades in training
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW!
WKC Avatar: Sapphire

June 24th, 2013, 3:35 am

Understandable. I find myself unfairly comparing the two games already. Especially visually. I know FF is still just beta, but WKC was done so much better (IMHO) in a lot of areas. I think it will improve. I like the play, but it isn't the same.

But we have to move with the times.

Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

June 27th, 2013, 2:12 pm

So apparently I did apply for a beta at some point but I sure don't remember doing so. I got a code emailed to me today
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

FFXIV Avatar: Haggar Drinksalott
WKC Avatar: Haggar/Bertha

June 27th, 2013, 2:13 pm

Awesome news!
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

June 27th, 2013, 2:23 pm

Did you download the FF14 trailer displayed in E3 from the PSN ? It seems doing so gives you an chance to get a code for the beta.
Anyway, go DL that quickly, the servers open tomorrow ;)
Alkor
Banned
Banned

FFXIV Avatar: Alicia Searrs

June 27th, 2013, 2:29 pm

I streamed the vid but never downloaded it. Anyway, I will have the download in motion when I go to bed this evening, and will jump in after I get home from work tomorrow.
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

FFXIV Avatar: Haggar Drinksalott
WKC Avatar: Haggar/Bertha

June 27th, 2013, 2:46 pm

Anyone seen or heard from Linelie in the last couple of days? I'm trying to get hold of her. :scream:

Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

PreviousNext

Return to General FFXIV Discussion