FF14 beta phase 3

This is the place for Chillin', kicking back and relaxing. Talk about Final Fantasy. Don't make the Toppu Neko mad.
Re: FF14 beta phase 3
June 15th, 2013, 9:55 pm

According to the game explanation, a linkshell is a chat room. For dungeons/whatever they're calling them, you'd make a separate party and can adjust your game chat accordingly (a tab for linkshell, one for party, one for free company, one for the general map, etc). The free company is actually what you're earning things for, linkshells are less important and you can join 8 of them.
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

FFXIV Avatar: Gemma Shahrizai
FFXIV Class/Race: THM/Hyur
FFXIV Free Company: Last Order (Test)
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW

June 16th, 2013, 8:55 pm

Strange, I thought I'd see some reactions about the game here, I met almost 10 neko in game yesterday.
Anyway, I just wanted to post that :
[link deleted]
More videos will be added later, it's uploading but it's taking a long time.

Last edited by Alkor on June 17th, 2013, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alkor
Banned
Banned

FFXIV Avatar: Alicia Searrs

June 16th, 2013, 9:10 pm

I thought we were not allowed to post video or audio of the beta. Did they change it? Cool that you got permission to post it.
I'm absolutely loving the game, can't wait until the weekend comes so I can play more. Didn't see any Nekos about but did run into fellow Lollies in the world.
psn: Ack-Tar
Colette
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

FFXIV Avatar: Jamie Ciel
FFXIV Free Company: SWEET
WKC Avatar: Jamie/Colette

June 16th, 2013, 11:12 pm

Colette wrote:I thought we were not allowed to post video or audio of the beta. Did they change it? Cool that you got permission to post it.
I'm absolutely loving the game, can't wait until the weekend comes so I can play more. Didn't see any Nekos about but did run into fellow Lollies in the world.

As far as I know, you can do anything except stream video. What's your name in FFXIV? If you see Gemma Shahrizai, that's me~
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

June 17th, 2013, 2:07 am

The NDA is lifted on phase 3 content
As of June 13, 2013, we grant you permission to disclose information regarding the Beta Test.
Alkor
Banned
Banned

June 17th, 2013, 7:06 am

As of June 8,

http://support.na.square-enix.com/rule. ... &tag=authc

Text and screen shots taken from within the FFXIV are allowed.

"This permission excludes any in-game video, music, or vocal tracks captured by you or a third party."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

June 17th, 2013, 3:24 pm

They hid that well...
I'll still post vids, but hidden for friends :P

You can spam screenshots all you want, they're not under NDA.
Alkor
Banned
Banned

June 18th, 2013, 9:21 am

The next time the servers will be up is now displayed on the beta board, same times as last week.
Alkor
Banned
Banned

June 19th, 2013, 2:44 pm

As far as I am concerned, Nekos & Lollies can be in the same Free Company and certainly the same linkshell. I don't see why there should be any separation unless the Lollies want their own FC. :?

ℒℴѵℯ, Hina ~ Neko Hime-sama, NekomimisFTW ˚₊✩‧₊(⌯͒o̶̶̷̤ ꀾ o̴̶̷̤⌯͒)* ✩‧₊˚

“Everyone smiles, when they are with you. Please...go and help people in my place. Share your happiness with them." ~ Yui, SAO
Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Hinagiku Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Healer & Weaver
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
FFXIV Linkshell: NekomimisFTW
WKC Avatar: Hinagiku

June 19th, 2013, 3:08 pm

I am not opposed to playing with the Nekos or anyone else but I want to keep my identity as a Lollie the same way you all want to keep you Neko identity. Our guild leader and a couple others of us will be forming a Lollie free company when the game starts and someone hits 25. As I understand it, the person creating the free company has to be level 25. That person gets the petition and 3 additional people need to "sign" that petition. These 4 are the founding members of the free company.
I'll gladly join up in a linkshell with y'all to quest but the free company will be a Lollie free company for me.
Colette
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

June 19th, 2013, 4:13 pm

I just didn't anyone to feel that the Nekos were saying that no one but former WKC Nekos *could* join, which was what I kinda got the sense of.

WKC's guild system created a divide instead of bringing people together. It was terrible, IMHO. I hated it for many reasons. I loved it for one other - the fact that I got to make some great friends. But the system was broken. I just don't want that sense of divide again.

I think that most people figured that the Lollies would want their own Free Company and then be part of the same linkshell or however it all works. I am still figuring it out myself (Hina <---total FF newb).

Anyway, perhaps I misunderstood. :corner:

“Everyone smiles, when they are with you. Please...go and help people in my place. Share your happiness with them." ~ Yui, SAO
Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

June 19th, 2013, 7:18 pm

Colette wrote:I am not opposed to playing with the Nekos or anyone else but I want to keep my identity as a Lollie the same way you all want to keep you Neko identity. Our guild leader and a couple others of us will be forming a Lollie free company when the game starts and someone hits 25. As I understand it, the person creating the free company has to be level 25. That person gets the petition and 3 additional people need to "sign" that petition. These 4 are the founding members of the free company.
I'll gladly join up in a linkshell with y'all to quest but the free company will be a Lollie free company for me.

Then quite frankly I don't understand what the whole other stuff was about.

No one said there would be a more than one "Neko" free company (as in guild) - like one for nekos and one for others. We are trying to find our way around the system and because until last Friday, we had no clue.

As for the comments about being excluded, we have a sub-forum for guild officers to discuss guild business. That is private. Always will be because it is the only place we can all get together. There is no private parties going on.

I just don't get the problem. :???: We figured the Lollies would have their own FC as they would probably want their own identity (as you said). That doesn't mean that you aren't welcome to be a Neko in FF. Just as you are welcome here.

Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

June 19th, 2013, 7:50 pm

Colette wrote:Let me start by saying I've been playing the beta and am loving this game. As much as I'll miss WKC2, this will easily surpass it. I look forward to playing with all my WKC2 friends. Sadly it seems that will not include Nekos. When I read the post about creating 2 separate guilds, one for Nekos and one for friends of, it showed that I am not and will not be a valued member. So I guess all us Lollies (at least the ones that want it) will be forming our own little group. But it will be open to both lollies and everyone else that wants to join us. Questing is going to be awesome in FF14 and I'm excited to spend 100's of hours with my friends.
I also question the wisdom of them putting pc and ps3 people together. Yesterday so much of the talk was of how superior the pc people are. Guess that's something we can't avoid.

Colette,
n
Where in anything I wrote did I say anything about creating two separate guilds or separating anyone from anything? Please go back ad read what I wrote. There is no intention to exclude anyone from anything. The thought was that if there were former nekos and members of other guilds, that DID NOT WANT to be members of the free company we create, we still wanted to be able to keep in touch and play with them. So we'd create a Linkshell specifically to do that. Not to exclude anyone, but to make sure that we include everyone.

I actually expected that the Lollies would wish to create their own Free Company. As one of the larger and well established guilds in WK,C I thought that you would wish to maintain your identity. I thought that if that were the case our Free companies could work together with the friends we've made, instead of splitting off and riding into the sunset apart.

Lem wrote:
KOSMOS wrote:I am guessing that the linkshells will carry forward from the Beta tests into the live game, so if we get in, we will set up two linkshells; one specifically for NekomimisFTW! members, and one for NekomimisFTW! friends (players who are friends of the guild, but not actually members) - this Linkshell would include former members and folks that we have allied with or associated with in WKC or other games but who are not currently members of the Free Company/Guild.

I've felt like a second class citizen from the moment I joined this board, what with not seeing half of new posts being made apparently. I've written that off to it being established friends and all, so I dealt with it.

Now you're thinking of creating your new FF14 guild, and you're already planning to exclude me all over again?

No need to worry about it though, not much of a chance for me wanting to join your Free Company.

Lem,

I don't know where you are getting any of the above from.

1) This forum was created by myself and Hina for the NekomimisFTW! WKC guild. When it was created it was specific to the NekomimisFTW. However we quickly realized that we have friends in other guild and so we created additional forums for those players. Not long after that we realized that there was a lot of the forum that was not specific to the NekomimisFTW!. So we started to move things around to ensure that everyone felt welcome.

2) I spent hours restructuring the forums at that time to make sure that as much content as possible was available to all. To be perfectly honest about the time we were moving things around, Bertha/Haggar contacted me about the structure of the forum. I actually worked over several days with Bertha/Haggar moving things, creating sub forums and generally speaking moving everything that was not totally specific to the NekomimisFTW guild into an area that is available to all.

So I personally take great offense to your assertion that you are some kind of second class citizen here.

3) Linelie quite correctly pointed out that there has been next to no activity on the guild specific forums, so I am not sure what it is that you think you missed. Perhaps you are mistaken?

4) No one is/was planning on excluding you from anything. You and Collette both seem to be taking a very argumentative stance here. I have never played FFXI or FFXIV prior to last weekend. I am trying to understand the game, Free Companies and Linkshells, and since SE is still changing things it's something of a moving target. My post above was a first attempt to figure out how things work in FFXIV.

5) I always thought that the Lollies would wish to maintain their identity and create their own Free Company. However, nothing - NOTHING - I said above excludes you or anyone else from joining the Free Company that we create. I talked of creating two Linkshells as a means of keeping in touch. I didn't know that a Free company get's it's own chat channel at the time, and was thinking that you would need to have a linkshell for your free company to communicate. I was thinking that since we have many friends (I thought) in other guilds in WKC (at the time) who may not wish to join our Free Company, that we should create a Linkshell for that wide group of friends, both Nekos and members of other Free Companies, so we could easily keep in touch.

I thought that I was clear in my post, but obviously there were some things I did not understand since I had never played the game before.

"No need to worry about it though, not much of a chance for me wanting to join your Free Company."

Please tell me why you are bringing such a combative attitude to this? Where in anything I wrote did I provoke this from? I'm sure that we can all agree that there are some misunderstandings involved here, but your combative attitude is unmistakeable, and I want to know why that is the case. I have never had a single crossed word with you.

Good lord, what's that saying about no good deed ever goes unpunished?
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

June 19th, 2013, 8:19 pm

I guess I misunderstood your post.

Once the game is live, Hina and I will take care of establishing the NekomimisFTW! Free Company. I am guessing that the linkshells will carry forward from the Beta tests into the live game, so if we get in, we will set up two linkshells; one specifically for NekomimisFTW! members, and one for NekomimisFTW! friends (players who are friends of the guild, but not actually members) - this Linkshell would include former members and folks that we have allied with or associated with in WKC or other games but who are not currently members of the Free Company/Guild.

I took this to mean that one linkshell would be only for Nekos. As in no one else allowed.
I am not trying to be combatative at all. I try to discuss games but if you are taking it that way, I apologize.
Colette
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

June 19th, 2013, 8:38 pm

im gonna post this here just to help clarify the details about linkshells and how they operate.

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Linkshell

Also PLEASE keep in mind that this is old data and the system HAS changed somewhat since then.

The way i see it a linkshell is just another way of making a party for chat, seperate to the questing party. Theres no other uses for it from what ive seen so far
Diord Fionn: Glaine ár gcroí, Neart ár ngéag, Beart de réir ár mbriathar
Truth in our hearts. Strength in our hands. Consistency in our tongues.

Berformet
N4Life
N4Life

WKC Avatar: Shannon (and 7 others)

PreviousNext

Return to General FFXIV Discussion