FF14 beta phase 3

This is the place for Chillin', kicking back and relaxing. Talk about Final Fantasy. Don't make the Toppu Neko mad.
FF14 beta phase 3
June 13th, 2013, 5:58 pm

As some of you know, the 3rd phase of the FF14 beta will begin in a few hours. This phase is the first to include the PS3 version of the game, so some of us got codes for that version or already had a PC code. PC and PS3 players can play together, it doesn't matter. Same for the region, the data center is common to EU/US players.

I made this topic so all the nekos can know on which server we're playing this time. We chose the Behemoth server, make a character on it if you want to meet us in-game ;)

Known Nekos in the beta :
Alkor
Berformet
Rhapsody

Our in-game names are still unknown, I'll give mine after making my avatar.
Alkor
Banned
Banned

FFXIV Avatar: Alicia Searrs

Re: FF14 beta phase 3
June 14th, 2013, 4:28 am

if im fortunate enough to receive a code, ill hop on and take it for a spin
Iron Courage. need I say more?
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Sapphire Harushii
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Jack-of-all-trades in training
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW!
WKC Avatar: Sapphire

June 14th, 2013, 6:56 am

Didn't bother, I can wait until late August. I'm taking a good break from gaming for the summer anyway.
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

FFXIV Avatar: Haggar Drinksalott
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: Haggar/Bertha

June 14th, 2013, 8:36 am

Ok, so I made an avatar on Behemoth, she's called Alicia Searss. For now she's a DPS class, but it might change later :evil:
Last edited by Alkor on June 14th, 2013, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alkor
Banned
Banned

FFXIV Avatar: Alicia Searrs

June 14th, 2013, 8:42 am

Tali Azul, Archer (for now) also on Behemoth server
Diord Fionn: Glaine ár gcroí, Neart ár ngéag, Beart de réir ár mbriathar
Truth in our hearts. Strength in our hands. Consistency in our tongues.

Berformet
N4Life
N4Life

WKC Avatar: Shannon (and 7 others)

June 14th, 2013, 11:58 am

I may or may not have a beta code. I'm at work right now and can't check to see if one arrived yet. Either way, I will be in the game on day one as will Hina.

If there is an open beta phase after phase 3, we will probably join that.

Whatever happens, once the release and launch happens, we will be there.

So far as I understand things right now, there is an initial decision that will need to be made - choice of server. I will be creating a specific topic here for that discussion, and when we get closer to the time of having to make a choice for the live game, we'll use a poll here (and possibly on Facebook) for this purpose.

Once the game is live, Hina and I will take care of establishing the NekomimisFTW! Free Company. I am guessing that the linkshells will carry forward from the Beta tests into the live game, so if we get in, we will set up two linkshells; one specifically for NekomimisFTW! members, and one for NekomimisFTW! friends (players who are friends of the guild, but not actually members) - this Linkshell would include former members and folks that we have allied with or associated with in WKC or other games but who are not currently members of the Free Company/Guild.

If I understand things correctly, a Free Company is founded under the umbrella of one of the Grand companies, if there are any specific reasons for choosing one over another, I would be grateful for any information any of you can give regarding that.

The formation of the Nekomimis FTW! Free Company will be accompanied by a wave of invitations to join the Free Company, I don't quite know how that works in FFXIV yet, however it works, we will ensure that our members that transfer to FFXIV have the opportunity to join us there.

Just to give you an idea of how I see things going, Hina and I will work with the guild officers from WKC to go through our membership lists from WKC, to create a member list for FFXIV. Obviously not everyone is going to join FFXIV immediately, those that are on our list and do not immediately join will have an open invitation to join the Free Company once they join FFXIV.

After the initial creation and wave of invitations are complete, we will publish new guild rules for FFXIV, as well as the recruitment process and requirements. Or goal will be to build an active community of friendly, motivated and highly competent players.

Please watch the Forums here and on our Facebook page for news, updates and discussions.

Finally, although we are known by our WKC2 avatar names, not everyone will be sticking with their old persona. I will create a separate discussion topic here and on Facebook for people to list their FFXIV character/avatar names - and pictures, so we will know who is who. Once the game goes live and we settle into our 'final' characters,we can create a gallery.

Kos & Hina.
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

June 14th, 2013, 3:18 pm

i got a code, i'll be trying to get it up on my PS3, but i'm out of town until saturday night, so, not sure if i'll manage to get much past character creation. if i do, i'll be making a bard to try out.
Guild Wars 2: feldorn.6873 80 war/rng/nec/eng Crystal Desert
feldorn
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

WKC Avatar: Feldorn

June 14th, 2013, 5:17 pm

Creating my character now...also choosing that server. :luv:

ℒℴѵℯ, Hina ~ Neko Hime-sama, NekomimisFTW ˚₊✩‧₊(⌯͒o̶̶̷̤ ꀾ o̴̶̷̤⌯͒)* ✩‧₊˚

“Everyone smiles, when they are with you. Please...go and help people in my place. Share your happiness with them." ~ Yui, SAO
Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Hinagiku Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Healer & Weaver
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
FFXIV Linkshell: NekomimisFTW
WKC Avatar: Hinagiku

June 14th, 2013, 9:40 pm

Gemma Shahrizai, Behemoth server. Class: Thaumatarge.

Very busy this weekend, but I hope to get to play a few hours anyway.
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

FFXIV Avatar: Gemma Shahrizai
FFXIV Class/Race: THM/Hyur
FFXIV Free Company: Last Order (Test)
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW

June 15th, 2013, 6:02 am

Let me start by saying I've been playing the beta and am loving this game. As much as I'll miss WKC2, this will easily surpass it. I look forward to playing with all my WKC2 friends. Sadly it seems that will not include Nekos. When I read the post about creating 2 separate guilds, one for Nekos and one for friends of, it showed that I am not and will not be a valued member. So I guess all us Lollies (at least the ones that want it) will be forming our own little group. But it will be open to both lollies and everyone else that wants to join us. Questing is going to be awesome in FF14 and I'm excited to spend 100's of hours with my friends.
I also question the wisdom of them putting pc and ps3 people together. Yesterday so much of the talk was of how superior the pc people are. Guess that's something we can't avoid.
psn: Ack-Tar
Colette
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

FFXIV Avatar: Jamie Ciel
FFXIV Free Company: SWEET
WKC Avatar: Jamie/Colette

June 15th, 2013, 6:02 am

KOSMOS wrote:I am guessing that the linkshells will carry forward from the Beta tests into the live game, so if we get in, we will set up two linkshells; one specifically for NekomimisFTW! members, and one for NekomimisFTW! friends (players who are friends of the guild, but not actually members) - this Linkshell would include former members and folks that we have allied with or associated with in WKC or other games but who are not currently members of the Free Company/Guild.

I've felt like a second class citizen from the moment I joined this board, what with not seeing half of new posts being made apparently. I've written that off to it being established friends and all, so I dealt with it.

Now you're thinking of creating your new FF14 guild, and you're already planning to exclude me all over again?

No need to worry about it though, not much of a chance for me wanting to join your Free Company.
Lem
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

WKC Avatar: Lem/Meena

June 15th, 2013, 8:20 am

Lem wrote:
KOSMOS wrote:I am guessing that the linkshells will carry forward from the Beta tests into the live game, so if we get in, we will set up two linkshells; one specifically for NekomimisFTW! members, and one for NekomimisFTW! friends (players who are friends of the guild, but not actually members) - this Linkshell would include former members and folks that we have allied with or associated with in WKC or other games but who are not currently members of the Free Company/Guild.

I've felt like a second class citizen from the moment I joined this board, what with not seeing half of new posts being made apparently. I've written that off to it being established friends and all, so I dealt with it.

Now you're thinking of creating your new FF14 guild, and you're already planning to exclude me all over again?

No need to worry about it though, not much of a chance for me wanting to join your Free Company.

Ummmmmmm....

Lem, Collette? Where is all of this coming from? Kosmos still doesn't know how everything works regarding linkshells and free companies. I think he's just trying to set up some kind of outline and to get feedback from everyone. I'm quite sure he would welcome all friends to the free company/linkshell, and I'm sure nothing is set in stone yet.

TBH, I'd be happy to see a Nekomimis free company and A Nekomimis linkshell and that's it. People create linkshells for various purposes: for dungeons, for helping newbies, for hanging with friends, etc. I think the friends of nekos would be redundant. I plan on being in a small one with my close group (the people I play with most and talk to daily), as well as the Nekos, and perhaps others that friends might open up. I've always gotten on well with Lollies and I want to see everyone in FFXIV:ARR. Lem and Collette, you're both great in WKC and I've always valued your posts- here, at gamefaqs, and at neoseeker. I reallllllly want as many friends as possible to be on the same server come release day, so I hope the Lollies and the Nekos can talk about that, and about the issues you've brought up.
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

FFXIV Avatar: Gemma Shahrizai
FFXIV Class/Race: THM/Hyur
FFXIV Free Company: Last Order (Test)
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW

June 15th, 2013, 8:36 am

Oh I don't intend to go to a different server than all y'all or not play together. I guess I just don't see why you wouldn't just make one Neko's ff14 guild... why make a distinction between former wkc members and people that join up? Only creates a needless tag.

And that's just the thing... we don't even know how the system works yet and there's already talk of making a special sub-section for non-neko members.

And my little rant about feeling like a second class citizen, it's sadly a fact that we've not been seeing most posts being made here. I used to see post counts and topics go up daily and yet not see a single new post myself, meaning there's restricted sections we aren't allowed to see.
Which is technically fine, but don't announce you're going to make a portal for the entire wkc2 community to stay in contact and then keep most of it hidden.

Anyhow, I mostly would like to be in a Lolliepop's something or other either way. Hence my announcing I wouldn't want to join up.
Lem
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

WKC Avatar: Lem/Meena

June 15th, 2013, 2:12 pm

I actually mostly agree with Lem on this; Nekos is just a social LS/guild, so I don't see the point in having several. Plus splitting people between 2 social shells just creates unnecessary secrecy.
I don't like doing events while in your social LS, based on my time in FFXI, it just becomes messy that way; so for that stuff there's other LS. Now if there's several Neko shells in that way I would understand. Like NekoLimbus, NekoSky, etc. back on FFXI. Those kind of events need to be organized and not focused on other stuff, 'cause a lot of time gets wasted if you don't - so people not participating shouldn't be in the shell at the time of the event.
Ronneroo
Neko friend
Neko friend

FFXIV Avatar: Ronskandar Bonnoir
FFXIV Class/Race: Lalafell
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW!
WKC Avatar: Ayumu

June 15th, 2013, 9:12 pm

There's only two areas on the board that nekos have private access to. They're not often used. One hasn't seen a post in nearly a month, the other 2 months. Things sort of quited down here is all, but will prob pick up soon. I was posting less personally due to computer needing to be repaired. Taking longer than I would like...

I know little of the FF 14 system. I thought Nekos would make their own Free company, Lollies their own. Then just meet up. I have no idea how it all works to be honest but I know we're not trying to not include people just because they aren't a Neko.
The whole system seems odd where instead, you just had a guild and could make rooms open to whoever you wished in wkc. Now there's servers, free companies, and linkshells. Once people get the hang of it, we can understand what's going on. Perhaps someone could explain if they figured it all out.
Linelie
Mercenary
Mercenary

WKC Avatar: Linelie

Next

Return to General FFXIV Discussion