Final Fantasy XIV

This is the place for Chillin', kicking back and relaxing. Talk about Final Fantasy. Don't make the Toppu Neko mad.
Final Fantasy XIV
February 26th, 2013, 7:23 pm

Is anyone interested in this game? When it launches on PC and PS3 later this year, it might offer one of the better shared RPG experiences around - at least one that doesn't involve a great deal of gore and has options for players that wish to take a less combative route to play. It also seems to be very co-op oriented with only limited PvP functionality.

Anyway, this doesn't fit into the guild future discussion since the guild is WKC2 based, but once FFXIV arrives that may put enough pressure on what's left of the WKC2 community to kill it. I'm already thinking about branching the guild out into FFXIV, and I was wondering whether that is something that interests anyone else?
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

Re: Final Fantasy XIV
February 26th, 2013, 7:42 pm

I agree. This game will probably kill WKC2. I would definitely want to stay amongst friends. I also love the way Nekomimis guild is managed, so if Nekos are in A Realm Reborn, I'll be there! I'm also gonna be quite noobish, as I've never really played FF games and it takes me some time to fully understand new games. I hope all of my friends move over to FF, but I know the monthly fee makes it difficult for some, and a turn off for others.
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

FFXIV Avatar: Gemma Shahrizai
FFXIV Class/Race: THM/Hyur
FFXIV Free Company: Last Order (Test)
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW

February 26th, 2013, 7:46 pm

What would be cool with the monthly fee, is if Sony included that within their PS+ service and gave us that free each month.
Hope
N4Life
N4Life

WKC Avatar: Clara (Previously Hope)

February 26th, 2013, 7:50 pm

Hope wrote:What would be cool with the monthly fee, is if Sony included that within their PS+ service and gave us that free each month.

I think the money probably goes to the publisher to maintain servers and moderation and such, not to Sony. Since Sony won't really have control on the PC side.
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

FFXIV Avatar: Gemma Shahrizai
FFXIV Class/Race: THM/Hyur
FFXIV Free Company: Last Order (Test)
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW

March 4th, 2013, 1:33 am

i'll be there if they allow you to pay for your subscription via psn card. most likely wont be playing day 1, not gonna blindly buy final fantasy games anymore. i wouldnt mind trying it actually. although further ps4 announcements might change that. killzone shadow fall and infamous last son as launch game would put all final fantasy plans on a stand still. also, i would need to repair my launch 60gb ps3 when i get a ps4 since it probably wont have backwards compatibility.
John
N4Life
N4Life

March 4th, 2013, 4:54 am

I have never played any FF games, but it will all be based on the game style, play, battle system and theme.

ℒℴѵℯ, Hina ~ Neko Hime-sama, NekomimisFTW ˚₊✩‧₊(⌯͒o̶̶̷̤ ꀾ o̴̶̷̤⌯͒)* ✩‧₊˚

“Everyone smiles, when they are with you. Please...go and help people in my place. Share your happiness with them." ~ Yui, SAO
Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Hinagiku Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Healer & Weaver
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
FFXIV Linkshell: NekomimisFTW
WKC Avatar: Hinagiku

March 4th, 2013, 2:11 pm

Multiple people here haven't played FF games before? I have a feeling that won't matter a whole lot for FF14, but I say it's worth taking a walk into the past and playing some of the great titles, especially in the 4-9 range. Even to this day, I still play 1 fairly often, I have it on my phone.

The release of FF14 will likely put an end to my WKC days as well. WKC has become such a part of life though that I have a hard time leaving it for more than a day or 2.
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

FFXIV Avatar: Haggar Drinksalott
WKC Avatar: Haggar/Bertha

March 4th, 2013, 2:16 pm

I've never played a game this much before. I have a backlog of games I want to play, but oddly still play WKC2 instead. I think it's the social aspect of it. I really enjoy playing with the friends and guild mates in WKC2.

I've played several FF games, but as far as I know FFXIV is set more generally in the 'world' that includes Chocobos and such, but doesn't necessarily draw a great deal from the more recent FF games. It's closer to the kind of fantasy setting people are familiar with in say WKC (if they've not played FF before), it's a combination of melee and magic with other bits and bobs thrown in. I don't know how much technology exists in a world where people are still using cross bows and swords, so I'm guessing that there are no guns and no 'technology' to speak of, other than might be in a fantasy setting. Does that seem about right?
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

March 5th, 2013, 12:12 am

I definitely want to play this! I just dont know if i'll play it when it launches. I'll probably wait a bit before i consider playing it.
Chee
Neko Guardian
Neko Guardian

FFXIV Avatar: Chee Hawj
FFXIV Class/Race: Elezen Paladin
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis
WKC Avatar: Chee

March 6th, 2013, 9:20 am

I have some interest into FFXIV. It depends on the gameplay and in-game chat flexibility on if I join or not. Tried the original release of PC version, didn't like it.

Regarding payment, If they going to follow what original release payment system was, You would have to set up a Square Enix account and connect FFXIV acct to it and set up payment thru there. Can be set either manual using point system or automatic each month. FFXI payments works same way.

I used to play FFXI very often years ago, along with other offline FF games. Started around time ToAU was released and stopped months after release of Heros of Aby.
Eric1230
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

FFXIV Avatar: Karyn Dushkin
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te THM (ilv56)
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
FFXIV Linkshell: Furball League
WKC Avatar: Karyn

March 6th, 2013, 3:16 pm

I have never played an Online FF game, it peaks my interest but I usually don't like the idea of a subscription to play Online, maybe this might be a first for me? Not sure I'll have to check it out when more details come out.
Steam: Zoryu_of_Setsuna
PSN: Zoryu_of_setsuna
PS4 Bought: 3/6/14
Clamedeus
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Goddess Clamera | Clam Gauvain
FFXIV Class/Race: Ninja, Miqo'te.
WKC Avatar: Clamedeus, Cyelena

March 12th, 2013, 11:46 am

I want to play this. I planned to play this. I don't know if I'll get to play it =/
Things are moving a lot slower than I had imagined, but since the release is still months away, who knows. Perhaps I'll have a steady income and internet that enables UPnP so I can play. Luckily, since it's an MMO, it will likely have a long life, so I can always join later. It's more fun, in my opinion, to learn things (read: be noobs) together though.

I'm still going to at least meddle though :hehe:

I played FFXI for a couple of years, even led a Linkshell in that (for an endgame event), so I'm hoping that I'll have similar fun in FFXIV whenever I get to play it. I'd even see myself make another LS for a FFXIV endgame event or story-line missions, as I am pretty good at organizing such things.
Last edited by Ronneroo on March 12th, 2013, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronneroo
Neko friend
Neko friend

FFXIV Avatar: Ronskandar Bonnoir
FFXIV Class/Race: Lalafell
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW!
WKC Avatar: Ayumu

March 12th, 2013, 12:33 pm

You shouldn't need UPnP to play online with a PS3. I actually disable that functionality at the router simply because I hate any automated configuration because I do not control what it configures or how it configures it.
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

March 12th, 2013, 12:38 pm

Clamedeus wrote:I have never played an Online FF game, it peaks my interest but I usually don't like the idea of a subscription to play Online, maybe this might be a first for me? Not sure I'll have to check it out when more details come out.

From the videos I have seen it seems to have a mood not unlike WKC2 Online in that it's primarily a co-op experience. I'm not 100% in favor of the subscription model they seem to be planning to use, but then again, it's worked for FFXI for a lot of gamers for a very long time. However the gaming world seems to be heading towards micro-transaction based systems. I'm not 100% certain how that would work exactly for something like FFXIV. I would guess that if they offered monthly tickets to boost XP or money collection rates, or enhanced drop rates, they could sell those. I'm sure that there will be other ways of having a regular supply of optional extras that last a set time before being renewed. That might offset the need for a subscription. However, I think that they will always have a subscription component to guarantee a certain level of income per gamer, and ensure that they can pay for the servers and what not, along with additional content.

I guess we'll know soon enough, hopefully they tell more at E3.
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

March 12th, 2013, 1:32 pm

KOSMOS wrote:You shouldn't need UPnP to play online with a PS3.

:3 I did not know that. Guess I'll try something online when I get the chance this week then.
Ronneroo
Neko friend
Neko friend

FFXIV Avatar: Ronskandar Bonnoir
FFXIV Class/Race: Lalafell
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW!
WKC Avatar: Ayumu

Next

Return to General FFXIV Discussion