Feedback

News about the NekomimisFTW.com forum, website & Facebook page.
Feedback
March 4th, 2013, 5:12 am

Got something to say about the forum? This is a good place to talk about it...
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

Re: Feedback
March 4th, 2013, 5:17 am

I think there's a feature broken on this theme. On the previous one, sections with new posts had a different icon than sections where I already read everything, it's not the case anymore. :???:

EDIT : I just noticed that links appear the same color as regular texts, it's bothersome as we can't know what's a link or not anymore.
Alkor
Banned
Banned

FFXIV Avatar: Alicia Searrs

March 4th, 2013, 5:27 am

The PS buttons actually light up if a new post.

Grey - no new posts
X lights up Blue
O lights up Red etc for new posts.

Need to check how they look on my PC but it's quite subtle on my phone, and the old red/blue was more noticable :blush:
Hope
N4Life
N4Life

WKC Avatar: Clara (Previously Hope)

March 4th, 2013, 6:38 am

Hina worked a lot on all of this today. She chose the new theme because it is high contrast, and PS3 related. It is also narrower and therefor better on a small screen like a phone. However, if you prefer the original default theme, it is still there as an option that you can select in yor user control panel preferences. the name of the old one is Prosilver.

:)

See, Hina thought of everything...the original was always still there.
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

March 4th, 2013, 7:58 am

The fact that the notifications are less subtle on my phone, still need to check the PC for them, overall that's just a minor comment. It would be cool if we could combine the the forum buttons that lit up for new posts of the old theme with the new theme.

But meh, out of the two themes, I prefer this new one. It looks a lot nicer and is more PS3 relatable. Even the forum banner at the top looks bigger and better now!

EDIT:

PC notifications are just as subtle. But I like them. I actually like that the button lights up with the corresponding colour on the joypad :love:

On the PC there is a little scrolling required for the submit button, but not too much that it's awakrd :)
Hope
N4Life
N4Life

March 4th, 2013, 11:55 am

You're killing me with the subforums :p

It's easier on people to have all the forums show up in 1 list when you log in, that way you can immediately see what's new without having to click in 1 level to check an additional set of forums.
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

FFXIV Avatar: Haggar Drinksalott
WKC Avatar: Haggar/Bertha

March 4th, 2013, 12:24 pm

My ADD addled brain can't cope with too many topics posted and likes to order them in a few logical locations...Every forum I've moderated has always bounced between too many and too few, it's a difficult balance to strike.

We'll see how it goes for a week, and then may move things around depending on feedback.
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

March 4th, 2013, 3:33 pm

My brain is totally addled full stop today (thank you sinuses and weather), but isn't Bertha saying to just put the subforums as parent forums - not put everything in one forum?

ℒℴѵℯ, Hina ~ Neko Hime-sama, NekomimisFTW ˚₊✩‧₊(⌯͒o̶̶̷̤ ꀾ o̴̶̷̤⌯͒)* ✩‧₊˚

“Everyone smiles, when they are with you. Please...go and help people in my place. Share your happiness with them." ~ Yui, SAO
Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Hinagiku Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Healer & Weaver
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
FFXIV Linkshell: NekomimisFTW
WKC Avatar: Hinagiku

March 4th, 2013, 4:05 pm

What I'm saying is instead of having that nekomimis forum split into 4 sub-forums, have forum rules, site news, and the 4 nekomimis' sub-forums appear as parent forums on the main page. You can split things into sections (maybe called categories within the control panel?) as a means of organization though. Besides, you only have 6 options currently, why hide 4 of them? :p

I've seen things sort of get lost when sub-forums are used in a small community, as at quick glance it looks like there's nothing new from the main page, when there could be a lot of new stuff "hidden" in sub-forums. I can see them being effective in large communities that have tens, or even hundreds of forums.
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

FFXIV Avatar: Haggar Drinksalott
WKC Avatar: Haggar/Bertha

March 6th, 2013, 5:09 am

Working on some new features, rankings and skins. Please bear with me while I work out the kinks. Thanks.

ℒℴѵℯ, Hina ~ Neko Hime-sama, NekomimisFTW ˚₊✩‧₊(⌯͒o̶̶̷̤ ꀾ o̴̶̷̤⌯͒)* ✩‧₊˚

“Everyone smiles, when they are with you. Please...go and help people in my place. Share your happiness with them." ~ Yui, SAO
Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Hinagiku Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Healer & Weaver
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
FFXIV Linkshell: NekomimisFTW
WKC Avatar: Hinagiku

March 6th, 2013, 8:03 am

I found a kink. The chat background is solid black and the text is dark gray. That's almost impossible to see on a 5-inch screen. It also has weird computer icons running down the side of it. Is there a way you can make the chat display optional? I foresee being unable to use this site on my phone if the chat gets busy. Without the chat, it loads faster than any other site, even when I'm not on WiFi.
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

FFXIV Avatar: Gemma Shahrizai
FFXIV Class/Race: THM/Hyur
FFXIV Free Company: Last Order (Test)
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW

March 6th, 2013, 8:07 am

I can't even see the chat on my phone.

I know it's there, I can't miss the black background. However some of the text overlaps with other text already on the forum. For example the chat and the legend that shows the admin colours and the team and who's online completely overlaps and is a mish-mash of the two making it unable to pick out the chat text.

Plus I can see a random emoticon at the very bottom of tthe page where Alkor said something in the chat.

This chat thing is not mobile friendly for my phone atleast. Not sure about other people who use mobile devices.
Hope
N4Life
N4Life

March 6th, 2013, 8:15 am

I think we're chatting enough in game, lol. I don't think adding a chat here will do any good. And it's completely glitched anyway, it's breaking the forum design.
Alkor
Banned
Banned

FFXIV Avatar: Alicia Searrs

March 6th, 2013, 8:59 am

It would be nice for a chat option on here, since we don't always see people in game.

Maybe a thread specifically for general chat would be the way to go?
Hope
N4Life
N4Life

March 6th, 2013, 9:00 am

Alkor wrote:I think we're chatting enough in game, lol. I don't think adding a chat here will do any good. And it's completely glitched anyway, it's breaking the forum design.

I like the chat. Maybe we will chat less in game with this ;). Alkor, why you no like to talk to us :goner:
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

FFXIV Avatar: Gemma Shahrizai
FFXIV Class/Race: THM/Hyur
FFXIV Free Company: Last Order (Test)
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW

Next

Return to NekomimisFTW (forum) News