changing the forum around for FF

News about the NekomimisFTW.com forum, website & Facebook page.
changing the forum around for FF
June 19th, 2013, 12:10 am

Moving and shuffling a bit for a re-vamp. Sorry if I break a thing or two in the process. :goner:

ℒℴѵℯ, Hina ~ Neko Hime-sama, NekomimisFTW ˚₊✩‧₊(⌯͒o̶̶̷̤ ꀾ o̴̶̷̤⌯͒)* ✩‧₊˚

“Everyone smiles, when they are with you. Please...go and help people in my place. Share your happiness with them." ~ Yui, SAO
Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Hinagiku Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Healer & Weaver
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
FFXIV Linkshell: NekomimisFTW
WKC Avatar: Hinagiku

Re: changing the forum around for FF
June 25th, 2013, 3:57 pm

I have a suggestion: can we perhaps shorten that info under our names? Like maybe move some of it into profile options, but leave psn names, FF avatar names, and server name on it? It's just preference really. Also if people could erase the blank space where they aren't putting info.... :p
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

FFXIV Avatar: Gemma Shahrizai
FFXIV Class/Race: THM/Hyur
FFXIV Free Company: Last Order (Test)
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW

June 25th, 2013, 5:31 pm

It should be optional and not show up if you leave it blank. If that is not working properly, I will fix it.

But if you leave the area blank and choose not to add anything, it should not show up under your avatar at all, thus shortening it.

“Everyone smiles, when they are with you. Please...go and help people in my place. Share your happiness with them." ~ Yui, SAO
Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

June 25th, 2013, 5:33 pm

Yes that works as it should. If you leave the space blank and do not fill in the field, it does not show up at all under your avatar.

Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

June 25th, 2013, 6:50 pm

Hinagiku wrote:Yes that works as it should. If you leave the space blank and do not fill in the field, it does not show up at all under your avatar.

I wasn't saying that isn't working. I guess my suggestion was missed. Unless you don't want feedback on the forum anymore..?
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

FFXIV Avatar: Gemma Shahrizai
FFXIV Class/Race: THM/Hyur
FFXIV Free Company: Last Order (Test)
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW

June 25th, 2013, 9:04 pm

??? something was missed...I don't understand.

Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

June 25th, 2013, 11:41 pm

Rhapsody wrote:
Hinagiku wrote:Yes that works as it should. If you leave the space blank and do not fill in the field, it does not show up at all under your avatar.

I wasn't saying that isn't working. I guess my suggestion was missed. Unless you don't want feedback on the forum anymore..?

Huh? Hina didn't say anything like that. You mentioned shortening the information under our names and moving it into profile options. You also mentioned people erasing blank space if they aren't entering information into the fields.

The information under your name in the main window includes the fields that you enter data into in your profile. So as Hina said, the information is in your profile screen, and only those fields with data will appear, giving you control over whether that information appears under your name or not. We can turn some of the fields off so that they only appear in your profile, but felt that we should leave that decision up to each individual user. There are other biographical fields in the profile that you can use for the same information if you do not want to put it in the special fields - and others can be added if needed.

I don't understand what you mean about people erasing the blank space when they aren't putting information in. If you don't enter anything, the fields are empty, not filled with blank space.

No one said anything about your suggestions being unwelcome or not wanting feedback, Hina simply answered your question directly and demonstrated the functionality that is behind the profile fields.

Now, based on your above reply I am guessing that both Hina and myself missed what you were asking about. Are you suggesting that we limit the number of fields that appear under the avatar picture alongside posts(mini-profie)? All of the information that appears there is from your profile. As I said, if you don't want so many pieces of information appearing there, you can simply leave them blank and put the information into your sig block, or the Interests field. Alternately we could add an additional biography field for that kind of information that will only appear in your profile, so you can decide whether to enter the information (FFXIV avatar name for example) in a field that will be visible next to your posts, or in a field that is only visible in your profile.

So, I'm a little confused that you took Hina's response to mean your suggestion was unwelcome, if we didn't understand your suggestion, all you need do is clarify it for us.
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

June 26th, 2013, 12:08 am

added some fields, maybe that will help...

Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

Return to NekomimisFTW (forum) News