Server choice in FFXIV for NekomimisFTW!

Nekomimis FTW is a given ^^, but if you hail from another realm (linkshell/free company) or just want to state your server, class, city, jobs or race - this is the place.

KillaSwitch wrote:
Rhapsody wrote:
KillaSwitch wrote:Okay Coeurl it is, and I just made a CNJ in Behemoth...lol :TBenough:

Yea, we're on Behemoth for phase 3. The server isn't 100%, but as long as it stays an EU/NA server, not RP and not legacy, I think Coeurl will be the one for phase 4 & the live game.

Are we still on Phase 3? I thought this is Phase 4 already... :TBstuck:

Nope! This is still phase 3. Phase 3 characters are wiped before phase 4, and phase 4 characters should transfer into the full game as long as there are no major issues.
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

FFXIV Avatar: Gemma Shahrizai
FFXIV Class/Race: THM/Hyur
FFXIV Free Company: Last Order (Test)
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW

Rhapsody wrote:
KillaSwitch wrote:
Rhapsody wrote:
Nope! This is still phase 3. Phase 3 characters are wiped before phase 4, and phase 4 characters should transfer into the full game as long as there are no major issues.

Okay that's good to know.
KillaSwitch
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

FFXIV Avatar: Sora Whitewind
FFXIV Class/Race: CNJ/WHM-Lalafell
WKC Avatar: Mateaus

Server choice update. We presented the choice of Coeurl to the Lollies today. General consensus is, they want to stay on Behemoth since they already announced it to friends etc.

Personally, I don't give a damn what server I'm on, I just want my friends there. And you all more than qualify as such. Really enjoyed (and am enjoying) playing the beta with all of you.

I really really really don't want to end up in the situation where we wouldn't all be able to play together. So for the sake of keeping the wkc community alive, would it at all be possible to remain on Behemoth server?
Lem
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

WKC Avatar: Lem/Meena

Well, I know that some have already made a sacrifice in terms of server choice to stay with friends, so I think staying on Behemoth is certainly a possibility.

I'd like some more of the Nekos to weigh in on the topic before we really come to a decision. The possibility of Behemoth being an RP server bothers me some - personally - as I do not need to have any uptight Renaissance-Faire refugees telling me that KOSMOS doesn't fit in the world lore or that I am not speaking in character enough for them. That's a personal bias of mine and doesn't factor into the group's decision. If the Nekos in general believe that it won't be a problem, it won't be a problem. I'm aware that there is no server designation yet, and SE could turn around and designate Behemoth as a legacy RP server for German speakers for all we know at this point (same with Coeurl).

Let's let the group discuss it for a few days so we can get a range of opinion. As I said, there are already some of our group who have already made a sacrifice in terms of their server preference, I am sure that everyone would prefer to stick together with our friends from WKC and other games. Perhaps that means staying on Behemoth, let's see.
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

i did some searching for rp servers and so far all i've seen is Balmung is the unofficial legacy RP server and i think Gilgmesh wil be the next rp server due to this poll i found.
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=2540

this is a huge rp site and the poll is voted on by players who are starting non-legacy, not legacy players.
Diord Fionn: Glaine ár gcroí, Neart ár ngéag, Beart de réir ár mbriathar
Truth in our hearts. Strength in our hands. Consistency in our tongues.

Berformet
N4Life
N4Life

WKC Avatar: Shannon (and 7 others)

Rhapsody wrote:Aside from the obvious RP server, you can't really define a server. It's going to have the same pool of people as any other server. I recommend choosing one of the servers that 1.0 players can transfer to. I have some friends who will be transferring characters. While I want to play with everyone I know, I think the server thing will make that impossible and some friends are devoted to their linkshells and will be choosing a server based on that group, just as we are doing. So I will go with whatever nekos decide. :dance:

That is still my opinion, however:

I think Berf said before: many of us RP'd as our characters without even realizing it in wkc. Role playing has this strange sense that it always has to be sexual or awkward/creepy. I think many of us tried to take on traits of our characters, and I think the nature of a RP server in FF is about fun, not creepiness.

Server choice doesn't matter to me, just let me know what is decided before release. We are only in the beta, Lem, any chance you could communicate to Lollies that server choice won't be final until phase 4?
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

KOSMOS wrote: I do not need to have any uptight Renaissance-Faire refugees telling me that KOSMOS doesn't fit in the world lore or that I am not speaking in character enough for them.

Did anybody ever say that to you in wkc? also you can just say 'I was teleported through a space rift and my programming has been corrupted to that of a basic combatant. research of the crystals indicate they may have the correct properties to fully restore my system modules to full mobility and combat functionality." :p

Rhapsody wrote:I think Berf said before: many of us RP'd as our characters without even realizing it in wkc. Role playing has this strange sense that it always has to be sexual or awkward/creepy. I think many of us tried to take on traits of our characters, and I think the nature of a RP server in FF is about fun, not creepiness.

and this is actually true, i remeber a few times KOSMOS needing repair or havign a few glitches in her system now and again. lol. those are the fun elements of rp if you want to get an idea of what rp is like in ff, id suggest asking the Simple group on facebook kos. they rp in game a litle afaik :)

the main purpose to role play is to make your character how you want and build your own backstory. nobody can tell you otherwise reguardless of name, character build or class.
if they dont like it then tough luck :)

but they definitly dont all go around as if theyre from the middle ages XD this isnt dungeons and dragons :p

Berformet
N4Life
N4Life

I'm not really familiar with either the people on the Legacy servers, nor even the Lollies outside these forums (I think I played with just Haggar, Lem and Jamie less than 5 times on WKC), so I'm not *that* affected by it. I'm just trying to imagine them being my Neko friends, and how annoyed I'd be if I couldn't play with them. So I think we should really focus more on sticking together than on what kind of server it is.

I've noticed that in the beta, we were all just playing with each other anyway so if it stays that way, server choice really doesn't matter. And Duty Finder is cross-server anyway, right?
I mean, there might be that one elitist RPer walking about, but there's going to be people nagging you in a regular server as well. And if you're in a random group of hardcore RPers, you should respect that çause of the server choice, but in their turn: they should also respect you, so it's not like you can't relax. I also doubt it will be quite as bad as the fair example Kos used. If it even truly becomes RP at that.

So yea, since legacy server was already decided on as no-go, so I strongly feel we should just stay on Behemoth if the Lollies already decided it and announced it to their friends.
Ronneroo
Neko friend
Neko friend

FFXIV Avatar: Ronskandar Bonnoir
FFXIV Class/Race: Lalafell
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW!
WKC Avatar: Ayumu

Apparently they announced Behemoth as a server to WKC people they are otherwise not in contact with any more. So there wouldn't be a way to let those people know that the server choice would have changed, so it'll always be Behemoth for them no matter what designation the server will get.
Lem
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

WKC Avatar: Lem/Meena

Lem wrote:Apparently they announced Behemoth as a server to WKC people they are otherwise not in contact with any more. So there wouldn't be a way to let those people know that the server choice would have changed, so it'll always be Behemoth for them no matter what designation the server will get.

that also means there might be a problem when it comes to names and finding everybody too... since the person must first be online and name knows as well :/

Berformet
N4Life
N4Life

Berformet wrote:
Lem wrote:Apparently they announced Behemoth as a server to WKC people they are otherwise not in contact with any more. So there wouldn't be a way to let those people know that the server choice would have changed, so it'll always be Behemoth for them no matter what designation the server will get.

that also means there might be a problem when it comes to names and finding everybody too... since the person must first be online and name knows as well :/

And makes me ask how important it is for them to play with people who they didn't bother adding on psn or weren't eager enough to stay in contact to find some way to communicate outside of wkc. Just want to make sure we aren't jumping through hoops for no reason. I can certainly sympathize with wanting to keep friends together. Was this Mike's group? I vaguely remember his message board post about FF, can't remember if they mentioned a server. If so, I can get in contact with some of them =^.^=
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

I take your points about the whole role playing aspect Berf. Seeing as how I have a female avatar,I can hardly claim I don't role play at all, and you're right about he joking about Kosmos needing a repair or whatever.

I'll support staying on Behemoth, I don't want to separate our groups, many of you already play together. Regardless of our old guilds in WKC, we are a community of players and I don't want to do anything to hurt that. As many of you have pointed out we do all to some extent or another role play our avatars. I always think about it in terms of being myself - because I really try to be the same person whether playing as Kosmos or talking in email, or posting to Facebook, or a forum. However, I definitely did (and will continue to) play Kosmos a bit, even just kidding on about not really being this cure, blue haired, red eyed combat android. In other words, you're *all* right about that, so I will stop worrying about it.

Lem, I see what you are saying and like Berf said, even knowing a player's PSN doesn't help much since FFXIV is not PSN based, so it's hard to get back in contact with everyone. That definitely makes Behemoth a more sensible choice right now, especially as we are all playing the Beta there too.

If there are no strong objections (if you feel strongly on the matter please do post about it) to staying Behemoth, let's make that our decision. If we can agree by the weekend I'll start pushing the information on Facebook and to the list of PSNs I have from players in WKC.

On the subject of informing everyone (all our friends from WKC - Nekos, Lollies or otherwise), since we don't know everyone's Square Enix ID or character names, or PSN for that matter; do you think it would be worth setting up an information exchange to build a list of WKC players (and friends) who will be in FFXIV and what their avatar name is? It would make finding everyone and updating them on all of the various groups, free Companies and/or Linkshells that we all are involved in. Not sure if we'd need/want more than their name in FFXIV, perhaps their avatar name from WKC, their PSN and maybe an email address? Kind of similar information to what we have in out profile page here. What do you think?
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

Yeah, I would list their wkc name, psn, FF name, and server. The other info like grand company or linkshells isn't really important, since you can see that stuff on the Lodestone. And invite them to join up here.

Behemoth is fine with me.
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

That is fine with me, too. I got to briefly play with some other Lollies in addition to our friends here yesterday and they were really nice (Esp Cindy Lou who helped me a lot with macros), too. I also couldn't stand to think NOT playing with Hag, so yeah. Got my vote. :TBneko:

ℒℴѵℯ, Hina ~ Neko Hime-sama, NekomimisFTW ˚₊✩‧₊(⌯͒o̶̶̷̤ ꀾ o̴̶̷̤⌯͒)* ✩‧₊˚

“Everyone smiles, when they are with you. Please...go and help people in my place. Share your happiness with them." ~ Yui, SAO
Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Hinagiku Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Healer & Weaver
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
FFXIV Linkshell: NekomimisFTW
WKC Avatar: Hinagiku

as long as i can hang with all of you, and bring my WKC buddies over, server doesn't matter to me.
Iron Courage. need I say more?
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Sapphire Harushii
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Jack-of-all-trades in training
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW!
WKC Avatar: Sapphire

PreviousNext

Return to Eorzea Roll Call