Server choice in FFXIV for NekomimisFTW!

Nekomimis FTW is a given ^^, but if you hail from another realm (linkshell/free company) or just want to state your server, class, city, jobs or race - this is the place.

I don't have issues with Legacy servers, it comes down more to, why join a Legacy server when they provide non-Legacy servers? After all, I'm not a Legacy player.

As far as the RP servers go... I could actually see the benefits there. That being, I'm assuming there's a generally more friendly atmosphere there, and not a dozen people standing outside any given dungeon spamming "CLASS LFG DUNGEON NAME" ad nauseam.

But there too, I'm not a roleplayer. So my choice would be a non-legacy non-RP server simply on account of my not being either of those things is all.
Lem
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

WKC Avatar: Lem/Meena

My concern with RP servers is if the general population all play and talk in-character, we may find ourselves on the outside looking in if we do not similarly play in-charcter.

My concern over legacy is really based in the simple fact that we would be so far behind them in terms of resources and gear that we would always be the poor cousins with rich relatives in the city. There are concerns about some legacy players who have not given the best examples of behavior by their community - Elitism, though obviously that is more of a personal thing, and not the way that all "legacy" players behave.

I just don't think I would feel comfortable in either of those communities.
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

i understand but its not really much different to when you started wkc2 is it? eu side had gr30's for ages before NA and even then some NA players were starting out fresh...

as for the role play servers, they can actually be quite fun :) not every1 plays the whole "the treant sprang from nowhere and caught us by surprise" routine. lol.

mostly they keep that to linkshell or free company chat anyway so we wouldnt be feeling odd. and its always nice to rp a little now and again. lol. a lot of us did it in wkc too without realising it while joking mid quest now and again. lol. even messing in the geos was role playing to some degree :) every1 reads role play and assumes 'Live your character' lol. its a common misinterpretation of the concept. tho there are a lot who do that too and it makes it kinda fun lol.
Diord Fionn: Glaine ár gcroí, Neart ár ngéag, Beart de réir ár mbriathar
Truth in our hearts. Strength in our hands. Consistency in our tongues.

Berformet
N4Life
N4Life

WKC Avatar: Shannon (and 7 others)

I don't know much at all about RP but from the little I have read it seems that they seem to stay within their own LS anyway. It just means a more populated server off the bat. But they do seem friendly and know the game roles. That is a plus. But the fact that they will all already be in established, closed groups will make it hard to gain new members, etc. Not really a fan.

I fully maintain my stand on legacy. I realize that there will be elitists everywhere. There already are. But there is a steep climb from a beginning of lvl 1 and lvl 50 and a beginning balance of 1 million and 0. Plus an armory full of stuff vs nothing but the clothes on your back. Not to mention the attitudes of many (not all, but many).

I would rather compete for the property spaces and such with folks beginning at the same level as I do. I am sure I will fall behind from the start because I usually play differently (I don't power level), but still. It will be more even that otherwise.

I personally vote for one of the new servers. That one Ronnie mentioned sounds good. PLus it would be cool to have the miniature of your server. :kawaii:

ℒℴѵℯ, Hina ~ Neko Hime-sama, NekomimisFTW ˚₊✩‧₊(⌯͒o̶̶̷̤ ꀾ o̴̶̷̤⌯͒)* ✩‧₊˚

“Everyone smiles, when they are with you. Please...go and help people in my place. Share your happiness with them." ~ Yui, SAO
Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Hinagiku Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Healer & Weaver
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
FFXIV Linkshell: NekomimisFTW
WKC Avatar: Hinagiku

I will let my friends know they can find me on Coeurl.
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

FFXIV Avatar: Gemma Shahrizai
FFXIV Class/Race: THM/Hyur
FFXIV Free Company: Last Order (Test)
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW

it all up to the leader of the guild i don't mind
Last edited by Rei Shimoda on July 2nd, 2013, 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rei Shimoda
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Rei'raera Dzaresa, Rai'raera Dzaraera
FFXIV Class/Race: Dragoon and Bard to start with
WKC Avatar: Mystria

Well I'm good with Coeurl, especially it being a cat since suits the nekos ;P, but let me know when its a sure thing cause me and my bro will be bringing quite a few ppl to FF14 from our friendlists ;)
DarkZeru
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Cheshire Cat
FFXIV Class/Race: PLD/Miqo'te
WKC Avatar: Zeru

DarkZeru wrote:Well I'm good with Coeurl, especially it being a cat since suits the nekos ;P

Heh, that's why I'm already assuming this server. I don't think you'll find anyone to argue against Coeurl if it means anything about cats :)
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

Argues against it all :evil:

Oh hai :hi:
Senor Musashi
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Senor Musashi
FFXIV Class/Race: GLA
WKC Avatar: Musashi

waves :luv:

“Everyone smiles, when they are with you. Please...go and help people in my place. Share your happiness with them." ~ Yui, SAO
Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

Rei'shraree Arhayra
these my char for ffxiv realm reborn i start over on beta coeril
Rai'shraree Arhayra
Rei Shimoda
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Rei'raera Dzaresa, Rai'raera Dzaraera
FFXIV Class/Race: Dragoon and Bard to start with
WKC Avatar: Mystria

Welcome Rei :TBneko:

Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

Okay Coeurl it is, and I just made a CNJ in Behemoth...lol :TBenough:
KillaSwitch
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

FFXIV Avatar: Sora Whitewind
FFXIV Class/Race: CNJ/WHM-Lalafell
WKC Avatar: Mateaus

KillaSwitch wrote:Okay Coeurl it is, and I just made a CNJ in Behemoth...lol :TBenough:

Yea, we're on Behemoth for phase 3. The server isn't 100%, but as long as it stays an EU/NA server, not RP and not legacy, I think Coeurl will be the one for phase 4 & the live game.
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

Rhapsody wrote:
KillaSwitch wrote:Okay Coeurl it is, and I just made a CNJ in Behemoth...lol :TBenough:

Yea, we're on Behemoth for phase 3. The server isn't 100%, but as long as it stays an EU/NA server, not RP and not legacy, I think Coeurl will be the one for phase 4 & the live game.

Are we still on Phase 3? I thought this is Phase 4 already... :TBstuck:
KillaSwitch
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

FFXIV Avatar: Sora Whitewind
FFXIV Class/Race: CNJ/WHM-Lalafell
WKC Avatar: Mateaus

PreviousNext

Return to Eorzea Roll Call