Server choice in FFXIV for NekomimisFTW!

Nekomimis FTW is a given ^^, but if you hail from another realm (linkshell/free company) or just want to state your server, class, city, jobs or race - this is the place.

We have to choose a server to gather on for FFXIV. This will be our home server and where we create the Free Company for the NekomimisFTW!.

I know that the complete list of servers is not yet available, however many of you are already involved in various phases of the Beta and have friends already in the game. Please list the name of the servers that you have experience of, and give a brief outline of the community you have found there, so that we can all gain a better understanding of the choices available. If you have a specific preference please list it.

As far as possible I want there to be agreement within our group regarding the choice of server. So please talk about preferences, and discuss them.

If there are players you have already met in the game who you think might be assets to our Free Company, and who might be interested in joining, please ask them to join the forum and discussion here.

Hina and I have no specific preference, we have not played any phase of the Beta yet, nor were we part of FFXIV v1.0. So we do not have any pre-defined views on choice of server - except that it be one that our guild will 'fit' in with, not in terms of player numbers, but in terms of mood/atmosphere.

KOS.
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

Aside from the obvious RP server, you can't really define a server. It's going to have the same pool of people as any other server. I recommend choosing one of the servers that 1.0 players can transfer to. I have some friends who will be transferring characters. While I want to play with everyone I know, I think the server thing will make that impossible and some friends are devoted to their linkshells and will be choosing a server based on that group, just as we are doing. So I will go with whatever nekos decide. :dance:
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

FFXIV Avatar: Gemma Shahrizai
FFXIV Class/Race: THM/Hyur
FFXIV Free Company: Last Order (Test)
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW

Update: the other linkshell I wanted to join chose Hyperion as their final choice. Hyperion gets my vote.
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

ill need to to know the server we've decided upon before i make any decision, also, if its alright, ill be bringing some of my WKC buddies over onto the same server if they're interested.
Iron Courage. need I say more?
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Sapphire Harushii
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Jack-of-all-trades in training
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW!
WKC Avatar: Sapphire

I don't want a server allowed to v1.0 avatars, that's all. I think it's better with everyone starting from zero, without millions in bank already.
Alkor
Banned
Banned

FFXIV Avatar: Alicia Searrs

any is fine with me
Diord Fionn: Glaine ár gcroí, Neart ár ngéag, Beart de réir ár mbriathar
Truth in our hearts. Strength in our hands. Consistency in our tongues.

Berformet
N4Life
N4Life

WKC Avatar: Shannon (and 7 others)

I would favor a fresh start concept as well, but I have no strong opinion on this. I don't know what the thought is on the lollie side, I think it'll get determined closer to release. Whatever you guys decide, I can spread the word around to the lollies.

Maybe I can talk a couple more of them into joining here too, so there's more than 3 of us seeing/partaking in these discussions :D
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

FFXIV Avatar: Haggar Drinksalott
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: Haggar/Bertha

Alkor wrote:I don't want a server allowed to v1.0 avatars, that's all. I think it's better with everyone starting from zero, without millions in bank already.

Totally agree with Alkor here. Isn't Hyperion one of those for v1.0?

ℒℴѵℯ, Hina ~ Neko Hime-sama, NekomimisFTW ˚₊✩‧₊(⌯͒o̶̶̷̤ ꀾ o̴̶̷̤⌯͒)* ✩‧₊˚

“Everyone smiles, when they are with you. Please...go and help people in my place. Share your happiness with them." ~ Yui, SAO
Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Hinagiku Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Healer & Weaver
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
FFXIV Linkshell: NekomimisFTW
WKC Avatar: Hinagiku

Hinagiku wrote:
Alkor wrote:I don't want a server allowed to v1.0 avatars, that's all. I think it's better with everyone starting from zero, without millions in bank already.

Yes, but by choosing a non legacy server, I'm basically telling some of my friends that I won't be playing with them :corner:

It seems like most people want a new server, and I'll tag along on whatever is decided.
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

Rhapsody wrote:Yes, but by choosing a non legacy server, I'm basically telling some of my friends that I won't be playing with them :corner:

No, I know many people with version 1.0 avatars will start new ones in ARR. They can have 8 avatars on one server, up to 40 in total, nothing's forbidding them to use that if they want to play on servers reserved to new players.
Alkor
Banned
Banned

Hinagiku wrote:

Same thoughts here I'd like a server where we can all start fresh, kinda takes the fun out if some ppl already OP.
DarkZeru
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Cheshire Cat
FFXIV Class/Race: PLD/Miqo'te
WKC Avatar: Zeru

just read on my friends ff14 fb page that, apparently on release hyperion will no longer be legacy

Berformet
N4Life
N4Life

as in no legacy at all or now open to all but still 90% legacy? :P

ℒℴѵℯ, Hina ~ Neko Hime-sama, NekomimisFTW ˚₊✩‧₊(⌯͒o̶̶̷̤ ꀾ o̴̶̷̤⌯͒)* ✩‧₊˚

“Everyone smiles, when they are with you. Please...go and help people in my place. Share your happiness with them." ~ Yui, SAO
Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Hinagiku Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Healer & Weaver
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
FFXIV Linkshell: NekomimisFTW
WKC Avatar: Hinagiku

im not too sure tbh, just a comment i seen on my friends FC facebook page

Berformet
N4Life
N4Life

That's why I'm waiting for the complete list of servers before giving a name, SE will give it before phase 4.
Alkor
Banned
Banned

Next

Return to Eorzea Roll Call