NekomimisFTW! in FFXIV (at Launch - AUG/SEP 2013)

Nekomimis FTW is a given ^^, but if you hail from another realm (linkshell/free company) or just want to state your server, class, city, jobs or race - this is the place.

Please respond in this topic if you WILL be playing Final Fantasy XIV A Real Reborn at launch - in August or early September 2013. If you intend to play, but will not be joining the game immediately, there is a second topic.

I need to know if you will be playing, whether you are interested in being a member of the Free Company for the Nekomimis FTW!, or would prefer only to be a part of a LinkShell.

Thanks!

KOS
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

I'll be playing come late August (I assume that's what you mean by launch). I don't know what all is going on yet, to be figured out come late August :D
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

FFXIV Avatar: Haggar Drinksalott
WKC Avatar: Haggar/Bertha

I'll be playing soon as it comes out. Probably even from when they release open beta XD and yup I'll be joining NekomimisFTW :stars:
DarkZeru
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Cheshire Cat
FFXIV Class/Race: PLD/Miqo'te
WKC Avatar: Zeru

I will certainly join the linkshells, however, I'm still weighing my options regarding Free Company choice. I need to know more about them, and about advantages of different choices. Guilds in wkc left a sour taste, what with leaders having an advantage with 30 more tokens per month, among other things but that was the biggest problem for me. Free companies have a few different options and I would like to know how they affect my character before I choose one. FC's have four founding members, so I'd also like to know who the other 2 will be, assuming Kosmos and Hina won't make two alt accounts, also assuming the 4 founders are leaders equally. Once more is known, I will make a decision.
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

FFXIV Avatar: Gemma Shahrizai
FFXIV Class/Race: THM/Hyur
FFXIV Free Company: Last Order (Test)
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW

I'll be here

:3 Mod Edit :3
My Realm of the Mad God main account:

aljotron
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Aljotron Thedude
FFXIV Class/Race: Mi'qote Warrior
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
WKC Avatar: aljotron

Rhapsody wrote:I will certainly join the linkshells, however, I'm still weighing my options regarding Free Company choice. I need to know more about them, and about advantages of different choices. Guilds in wkc left a sour taste, what with leaders having an advantage with 30 more tokens per month, among other things but that was the biggest problem for me. :???: Free companies have a few different options and I would like to know how they affect my character before I choose one. FC's have four founding members, so I'd also like to know who the other 2 will be, assuming Kosmos and Hina won't make two alt accounts, also assuming the 4 founders are leaders equally. Once more is known, I will make a decision.

:???:

okay, I have edited my reply twice just in case I misunderstood...ok, now three times.
It may not be intentional, but this comes across really offensive.

:corner:

ℒℴѵℯ, Hina ~ Neko Hime-sama, NekomimisFTW ˚₊✩‧₊(⌯͒o̶̶̷̤ ꀾ o̴̶̷̤⌯͒)* ✩‧₊˚

“Everyone smiles, when they are with you. Please...go and help people in my place. Share your happiness with them." ~ Yui, SAO
Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Hinagiku Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Healer & Weaver
FFXIV Linkshell: NekomimisFTW
WKC Avatar: Hinagiku

Rhapsody wrote:I will certainly join the linkshells, however, I'm still weighing my options regarding Free Company choice. I need to know more about them, and about advantages of different choices. Guilds in wkc left a sour taste, what with leaders having an advantage with 30 more tokens per month, among other things but that was the biggest problem for me. Free companies have a few different options and I would like to know how they affect my character before I choose one. FC's have four founding members, so I'd also like to know who the other 2 will be, assuming Kosmos and Hina won't make two alt accounts, also assuming the 4 founders are leaders equally. Once more is known, I will make a decision.

??? What's the issue about guild tokens? It's not like guild leaders asked for special treatment from L5. For the record. Guild leader in WKC got 4 tokens a day, instead of 3, but then they also spent $15 on the guild license and $1 per concierge. So they paid for that 'advantage'. I had no idea that it left a sour taste with anyone. Truth be told, both Hina and I had multiple avatars in WKC, we paid for those and the token storage tickets on occasion to aid the guild in making the ranking points needed to level. So, I'd rather not hear of a sour taste because Kos had 4 tokens a month.Not that the extra token meant a thing in the end in any case. Good Lord, Kos didn't even finish the game with a +20 TK.

The guilds in WKC are nothing like Free Companies in FFXIV from what I understand. However since none of us have any experience with the game or the Free Company aspect, it's difficult to know exactly what to expect. Hina and I could make two accounts, however we have already approached two current members of the NekomimisFTW! from WKC about the possibility of being founding members along with us.

As I have said before, the name NekomimisFTW! belongs to Hina and myself. We created it, it remains ours regardless. The Free Company must be founded by 4 players, and we are very happy to involve other players in that process. The leadership of the Free Company will be worked out as we go. I think that Hina and I will prefer to retain overall control of the Free Company in terms of assuring ourselves that things are not going in the wrong direction. However the founding members will all have leadership roles I am certain, and the guild officers from WKC would likely transition to officers in the Free Company in FFXIV. The information I have found so far on Free Companies leadership/founding talks about privileges that can be assigned, but went into no detail. A lot of this is speculative since we don't really know how exactly it will work.

It seems that unlike WKC there is no constant competition with other guilds or Free Companies to be the top of the tree or ranking table, and that each Free Company benefits from the efforts of it's members individually. Also, with the various gathering and crafting professions, along with adventurers needing new gear and/or repairs, a free company can work internally with gatherers helping crafters who in turn help the adventurers, and since the adventurers also make up the gathers and crafters, it becomes a interdependent community. That is totally unlike WKC, and is a non-competitive environment. So some of the things that happened in WKC are unlikely to occur in FFXIV. In addition Free Companies can (I believe) ally with each other and work with each other. So unlike WKC, we can work with other 'guilds' such as the Lollies to mutual benefit. Finally the LinkShells allow groups within a company, or groups that span one or more companies to remain in contact with each other and play together regardless of company affiliation. Again this is unlike what happened in WKC.

All in all, I think that FFXIV represents a 1000% improvement in the 'guild' system. Now, I still have to go read the new LodeStone, perhaps there will be more information there.
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

Kos, hina ... I don't think Rhaps meant to say anything offensive, but I guess I can see how something could be taken the wrong way.

It's moot at this point, but I do see how it's kinda unfair that the wkc system allowed the guild leader to get 4 tokens a day. Given how RNG works though, it's not a guaranteed advantage. I guess haggar was living proof of that. I had a spectral mail +20, tk bow+20, and tk axe+10, and 20+ pisces and virgos sitting on me when the plug got pulled.
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

FFXIV Avatar: Haggar Drinksalott
WKC Avatar: Haggar/Bertha

I think the easiest thing would be for all to agree that the WKC guild system was flawed in many ways, and not bother with it again, because as far as I am concerned the truth is FFXIV is a better game with a better system, and will not so far as I am aware - confer any inherent advantage/disadvantage of that nature. As an example, the housing system will initially be limited to Free Companies (company as a whole, not individual leaders) but that individual players will ultimately be able to buy their own property and house in FFXIV as the property/housing system is fully rolled out after launch.
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

I don't think the 4 tokens a day is the problem, but yes that part is a moot point.

The WKC guild system was flawed in a lot of ways because a guild system should bring people together, imho. That system just tore them apart.

I hope that FF will be different. It looks to be.

“Everyone smiles, when they are with you. Please...go and help people in my place. Share your happiness with them." ~ Yui, SAO
Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

I do not believe I stated that Kosmos left a sour taste in my mouth. Things are really being taken out of context lately. I thought we were all friends, not random posters on an internet forum. Since day 1 I did not like how guilds worked in wkc, and giving the leader one extra token per day was something I didn't like. It doesn't matter who the leader was. I'm an adult, I know it is L5's fault. That doesn't mean I have to like it and that doesn't mean I feel animosity toward anyone. IF SE gives advantages to leaders, besides normal leader duties, I won't like that either.

*Tries not to crack any egg shells on the way out.*
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

FFXIV Avatar: Gemma Shahrizai
FFXIV Class/Race: THM/Hyur
FFXIV Free Company: Last Order (Test)
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW

Absolutely we are all friends, so there is no problem. To be honest, I have heard complaints from players (when WKC was still live) about tokens, and it bugged me then. The last thing I wanted was to have any advantage over others, but it's always been kind of a sore topic to me because of that. My apologies if my sensitivity to the issue caused any misunderstanding.

Edit: Had to add to this, you would not believe some of the B-mails I had in WKC, and the topics that they raised.

BTW, the lodestone talks of Grand Companies in the context of adventurers trying all three to find which suits them; "As recruits are not yet bound to an organization, adventurers are encouraged to use this opportunity to discover the company with which they most closely identify, as well as earn all three types of company seals on offer by completing missions. ". Though once you give your Grand company allegiance to one or other of the 3 Grand companies you are locked in.

I don't believe that there will be any inherent advantages given to anyone in this game except those earned through levels and adventuring, it seems that the intent is to create a completely level playing field.
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

Hinagiku wrote:.The WKC guild system was flawed in a lot of ways because a guild system should bring people together, imho. That system just tore them apart..

Indeed, it did. :( Which is why I believe that it is best left in the past.
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

Agreed. The past is done. Time to more forward. That is what it is all about.

Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

i don't know when ill be joining FF14, but i will eventually. i will need to know what server we're on so i can let my WKC buddies know, also, what exactly are the differences between Grand Companies, Free Companies, and Linkshells?
Iron Courage. need I say more?
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Sapphire Harushii
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Jack-of-all-trades in training
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW!
WKC Avatar: Sapphire

Next

Return to Eorzea Roll Call