Dragon's Dogma - Trading post.

Anything and everything. If it's off topic, this is the place.
Dragon's Dogma - Trading post.
March 20th, 2013, 11:19 am

looking for a certain item? or got some stuff to trade? post here and maybe others can help out a little. :drum:

Note a 10% selling fee taken from every sale to go towards neko care facilities worldwide :3
Diord Fionn: Glaine ár gcroí, Neart ár ngéag, Beart de réir ár mbriathar
Truth in our hearts. Strength in our hands. Consistency in our tongues.

Berformet
N4Life
N4Life

WKC Avatar: Shannon (and 7 others)

Re: Dragon's Dogma - Trading post.
March 20th, 2013, 12:58 pm

Frame plate!
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

FFXIV Avatar: Gemma Shahrizai
FFXIV Class/Race: THM/Hyur
FFXIV Free Company: Last Order (Test)
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW

March 20th, 2013, 4:12 pm

Rhapsody wrote:Frame plate!

sent :) can be purchased from Madeleine too. also i sent all 14 scrolls. hopefully you got them all :dance:

Berformet
N4Life
N4Life

March 20th, 2013, 5:59 pm

I think more than 10 items/equipments become rocks.

Edit: They do not arrive at all. You can only send 10, after that they are lost to the rift~ Here's what I received:
Cyclops 2
Chimera
Hydra 2
Griffin 1
Lich
Wight
Evil eye 2
Cockatrice 1
Draconian 1
Draconian 2
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

March 20th, 2013, 6:41 pm

ah so there IS a block on it afterall. so 4 more to send -.-

Berformet
N4Life
N4Life

March 27th, 2013, 12:58 am

I have an extra dragonforged bezel crown (the 5x exp bow that eats up stamina) up for grabs ^.~
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

March 27th, 2013, 1:18 am

i wish they didnt have that trade block in place :/

Berformet
N4Life
N4Life

March 27th, 2013, 6:56 am

There is no trade block in place, for that to happen there would have to be "trade" in the game. The system is to send gifts to others. When you use a pawn and want to equip them better, the game tells you that you are giving the items to the pawn's owner, hence a gift. Trade would be receiving something in return, no?

Rocks appear in your inventory from these "trades" when you try to screw with what they have in place. Has to do with time stamps on saves and the like.
psn: Ack-Tar
Colette
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

FFXIV Avatar: Jamie Ciel
FFXIV Free Company: SWEET
WKC Avatar: Jamie/Colette

March 27th, 2013, 7:11 am

i gave rhaps 14 scrolls and she only got 10. had to send the other 4 the next day. no alter was made in my save and all were sent over the course on an hour.

Berformet
N4Life
N4Life

March 27th, 2013, 7:17 am

Colette wrote:There is no trade block in place, for that to happen there would have to be "trade" in the game. The system is to send gifts to others. When you use a pawn and want to equip them better, the game tells you that you are giving the items to the pawn's owner, hence a gift. Trade would be receiving something in return, no?

Rocks appear in your inventory from these "trades" when you try to screw with what they have in place. Has to do with time stamps on saves and the like.

There is a guy on gamefaqs who exploits this for his pawn to keep the #1 spot. IMO it's cheating, and I'm sure the system is in place to avoid that kind of thing. More than 10 gifts, before the receiver has taken them, become lost. More than 10 hire before the owner rests to clear them become lost. I've no idea how an account becomes "rocked" but I guess there are ways around it. I just hope the pawn rankings change in DA and require a pawn to maybe be in someone's party for a certain amount of time to count as a hire... Having people hire your pawn X times in exchange for X gear doesn't mean your pawn is the best one, it just means people want free gear... And this guy somehow is able to have a steady supply of all equipment.

What's silly to me is you can gift DLC items. I guess they haven't realized that they would have made more money if they blocked gifting of DLC.
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

March 27th, 2013, 7:22 am

The game sees you hire and release a pawn 10 times over the duration of one hour and releasing them with an item each time. The system isn't meant for that.

It probably doesn't know what to do with this situation. Or maybe the servers can't store the information for more than 10 items, which, again, would be a sign of it being a gifting function, not a trade function.

What's silly to me is you can gift DLC items. I guess they haven't realized that they would have made more money if they blocked gifting of DLC.

I think it's a nice thing they allow you to share DLC items in this way. I only wish people (the gamefaqs community is especially guilty of this) didn't treat the gifting as full blown trades all over the place.

Some DLC quest reward items can't even be held by supporting pawns, much less equipped.
Lem
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

WKC Avatar: Lem/Meena

March 27th, 2013, 7:50 am

Oh, I don't dislike it.. just from a business POV it is silly of Capcom.

I prefer trade to just receiving items. A few times in gfaqs I saw someone looking to trade and some veteran player would swoop in and just give them the gear that I wanted to trade for.
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

May 30th, 2013, 3:39 pm

I need to learn more about all this trading and stuff. I just started the game for the first time using the DD:DA version and am trying to grasp everything. My brother has been playing it for awhile but he can't figure out how to hire pawns or do any of these online activities.
Levi
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

FFXIV Avatar: <avatar>
FFXIV Class/Race: <class>?
FFXIV Free Company: <NekomimisFTW>?
FFXIV Linkshell: <NekomimisFTW>?
WKC Avatar: Levi

June 2nd, 2013, 5:08 pm

Levi wrote:I need to learn more about all this trading and stuff. I just started the game for the first time using the DD:DA version and am trying to grasp everything. My brother has been playing it for awhile but he can't figure out how to hire pawns or do any of these online activities.

Well its not really trading it's a gifting system when u hire someones pawn and later decide to release, u can send an item to that player. Most use this as a trading system u send me this item i send u that one. As for recruting pawns u most go to the rift stones. The pawns that normally appear will be from ppl in ur friendlist in psn, this pawns are free to use regardles of there lvl. Other pawns will charge u rift cristals if there lvl is to high. U can also find random ppls pawns walking around roads and towns just talk to them and u can use them. I have a max lvl mage pawn, u can add me and use her if u find game too hard.
DarkZeru
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Cheshire Cat
FFXIV Class/Race: PLD/Miqo'te
WKC Avatar: Zeru

July 10th, 2013, 2:06 am

I know a lot about the game now, but
I certainly need more friends that play Dragon's Dogma. What's your PSN?
And everyone else can add me: Kazak_Emperor
Levi
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

FFXIV Avatar: <avatar>
FFXIV Class/Race: <class>?
FFXIV Free Company: <NekomimisFTW>?
FFXIV Linkshell: <NekomimisFTW>?
WKC Avatar: Levi

Next

Return to The Scratching Post - OT talk