FFX/X-2 help, advice, strategies and whatnot

Anything and everything. If it's off topic, this is the place.

Thought it might be a good idea to post this to try and help those who are stuck, need advice, or anything else along those lines for FFX/X-2 HD.
Iron Courage. need I say more?
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Sapphire Harushii
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Jack-of-all-trades in training
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW!
WKC Avatar: Sapphire

I think a bunch of folks have bought this, but are too wrapped up in playing FF14 :lol:
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

FFXIV Avatar: Haggar Drinksalott
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: Haggar/Bertha

probably, but i just thought it'd be a good idea to try and offer help if they were playing it.
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

absolutely!

Of course, after I make said comment and later log onto PSN, 3 of my buds are playing the game. None of them come to this forum though.
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

FFXIV Avatar: Haggar Drinksalott
WKC Avatar: Haggar/Bertha

Perhaps they should...and perhaps they should play 14 as well?
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

so im coming close to platinum on ffx for vita, finishing out the sphere grid for every1 before i tackle the last job of the dark aeons (will be easy) and pennance (the usual 45 min challenge), i pretty much have everything else done, even got lulu's celestial fully powered today after 200 damn lightning bolt dodges. that was annoying. lol. so i thought id post a vid showing the best spot to attempt this. Lightning Dancer

hope every1s having fun with it and remember, "When you're playing blitzball, you gotta think about blitz and nothing else. If you do, that's when you lose." - Tidus
Diord Fionn: Glaine ár gcroí, Neart ár ngéag, Beart de réir ár mbriathar
Truth in our hearts. Strength in our hands. Consistency in our tongues.

Berformet
N4Life
N4Life

WKC Avatar: Shannon (and 7 others)

Berformet wrote:so im coming close to platinum on ffx for vita, finishing out the sphere grid for every1 before i tackle the last job of the dark aeons (will be easy) and pennance (the usual 45 min challenge), i pretty much have everything else done, even got lulu's celestial fully powered today after 200 damn lightning bolt dodges. that was annoying. lol. so i thought id post a vid showing the best spot to attempt this. Lightning Dancer

hope every1s having fun with it and remember, "When you're playing blitzball, you gotta think about blitz and nothing else. If you do, that's when you lose." - Tidus

lucky little furball, i still have yet to get a Celestial, much less max it.
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

I want to buy the game but decided not to. Already beat the game and not that interested in an hd upgrade. If it was a ff7 or 8 hd upgrade... Upgrade, not remake square... Ill be more interested in that. Plus if i do buy the game, ill never get back to ff14. Just finished tales of symphonia 1. Game is great but theres a few things that ruined experience for me and making me not want to play. Bad world camera that pretty much only show the land where youre standing and the amount of skits that you cant fast forward through just made going through the game a pain sometimes.

Oh, ff10 tip. Remember ff13series and youll enjoy how much better a game ff10 series is...
John
N4Life
N4Life

John wrote:Remember ff13series and youll enjoy how much better a game ff10 series is...

Too true. ffx and ff13 had a similar story scheme, but ffx had the better script, better chars, more rewarding and challenging sidequests and minigames and most importantly, the better leveling method in the sphere grid. so far ive only invested 170hrs into ffx remake and have over 90% of it done. sitting on last boss, only dark aeons and penance to go apart from the sphere grid. so id say about 200hrs total to plat for me (also about 20hrs was leaving the vita running while playing gw2 at the same time) :p so its worth the short investment if you want to revisit spira for the nostalgia.

Sapphire wrote:lucky little furball, i still have yet to get a Celestial, much less max it.

lol. how far along are you now saph?
Diord Fionn: Glaine ár gcroí, Neart ár ngéag, Beart de réir ár mbriathar
Truth in our hearts. Strength in our hands. Consistency in our tongues.

Berformet
N4Life
N4Life

WKC Avatar: Shannon (and 7 others)

i literally just made it to the calm lands, but my team is so underpowered its nothing short of sheer luck i made it past Seymour Natus.
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

I don't know how much you all are into the Creature Creator part of X-2, but i thought it might be helpful to those of you who are interested, to post how to recruit Ultima Weapon for your own use.

what you need to do is find certain fiends around Spira and train them until their entire Fiend Tale is unlocked. the requisite fiends are: Daeva, Aka Manah, Aeshma, Jahi, Tomb, Dolmen, and Monolith, in that order.

Daeva will change into Aka Manah during its ending, which will change into Aeshma during its ending.

Aeshma will perish in its own ending, and you will automatically recruit Jahi.

after getting Jahi's ending, you will be told, in cryptic fashion, to capture a Tomb. if you're in Chapter 3, this is your stopping point.

unlocking Tomb's ending will allow you to capture Dolmen in Chapter 5.

to get Monolith, you must have done 2 things prior: unlocked Dolmen's ending and have visited the Farplane Abyss once.

once Monolith is captured, unlock its ending, view it, and Ultima Weapon will be automatically recruited.

hope this helps! =^-^=
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

Okai, this part is beginning to frustrate me. winning Grand Cup: Hard 6 times will unlock the Youth League Tournament in the Fiend Arena. this is where the frustration comes in, i have 4 wins in it already, i need two more, but i keep running into either the Mega Tonberry, or that Black Elemental and Mushroom Cloud team, does anybody have a strategy or any advice they could offer?
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

Return to The Scratching Post - OT talk