3 days after shutdown

This is the place for Chillin', kicking back and relaxing. General chat from WKC. Play nice.
3 days after shutdown
June 21st, 2013, 7:53 am

.... and it still feels weird not to be planning on wkc in the evening, especially with today being Friday and all. It became a ritual to throw down some beers on a Friday night and go goof off on wkc...

The plan to occupy my time between now and FF14 is to replay FF13 and 13-2, this time picking up the platinums for both. This will take the full time I'm sure, given that the saves for both were lost when the ps3 died and fresh starts are required.
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

FFXIV Avatar: Haggar Drinksalott
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: Haggar/Bertha

Re: 3 days after shutdown
June 21st, 2013, 10:29 am

I own FFXIII and XIII-2. I've never played them fully but always wanted to. Maybe we can play and chat :p
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

FFXIV Avatar: Gemma Shahrizai
FFXIV Class/Race: THM/Hyur
FFXIV Free Company: Last Order (Test)
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW

June 21st, 2013, 10:41 am

Rhapsody wrote:I own FFXIII and XIII-2. I've never played them fully but always wanted to. Maybe we can play and chat :p

sounds like a plan to me. I'm not sure what my pace of play will be, I'll start up 13 either tonight or tomorrow evening (more likely) and work from there. There will be periodic breaks given summer plans, mainly on weekends.
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

June 21st, 2013, 9:55 pm

Only 3 days yet it feels longer. Prob because I had a very bad week and it was a nice game to unwind in lol. The game was just a glorified chat room to me at that point. I had no goals or desire to really quest.
I think I mainly miss the familarity of it. I knew how to play well and knew where everything was. However, being stuck in place really kills the fun of things. Just made me wish I was playing a different game with them, one not stuck in stagnation.
Linelie
Mercenary
Mercenary

WKC Avatar: Linelie

June 22nd, 2013, 7:27 pm

4 days now..... im still just as sad as i was when it happened....
Iron Courage. need I say more?
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Sapphire Harushii
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Jack-of-all-trades in training
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW!
WKC Avatar: Sapphire

June 23rd, 2013, 4:14 am

not like anyone really wants to, but if anyone wants to add me on PSN and catch up, my main account is posted in my profile. you may have to remind me what your WKC name was.
Last edited by Sapphire on July 13th, 2013, 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

June 24th, 2013, 8:21 am

Rhapsody wrote:I own FFXIII and XIII-2. I've never played them fully but always wanted to. Maybe we can play and chat :p

Have you started up? I started up on 13 Friday evening and kinda played a lot over the weekend. It sure is nice playing a game with a real story again.

Sapphire wrote:4 days now..... im still just as sad as i was when it happened....

I went through all that on the day of the announcement and the couple days that followed... but I came to acceptance and moved on. That's what helps... just grab another game and move on. For me it was Dragon's Dogma, played that full time while just playing wkc every 3rd day up until its final week. Now revisiting FF13 and 13-2 will pass the summer before our next time sink.
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

June 24th, 2013, 8:34 am

ive officially moved to Tyria (Guild Wars 2) full time lol. poor ps3 must think im ignoring it for some reason XD i liked playing ff13 and 13-2 but they were kinda limited in exploration and options on what to do :/ ff10 had the best story imo (HD re-release soon WHOOPP!!) and plenty of side objectives to keep me occupied. collecting everything was both a pain and also a nice sense of acomlishment, only to be destroyed when you tried tackling penance XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVYjVrEgCkA (that fight almost drove me to tears and several new controlers at some points lol)
Diord Fionn: Glaine ár gcroí, Neart ár ngéag, Beart de réir ár mbriathar
Truth in our hearts. Strength in our hands. Consistency in our tongues.

Berformet
N4Life
N4Life

WKC Avatar: Shannon (and 7 others)

June 24th, 2013, 12:10 pm

@ Bertha: For me, moving on isn't that simple, i was there since the beginning, to lose something i was a part of for so long, is like losing part of myself... :goner:
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

June 24th, 2013, 12:56 pm

I was there from day 1 to day 645... if I subtract out an estimated 100 days where I wasn't able to play, 2300 hrs of playtime averages out to a little over 4 hrs a day. In other words, 1/6 of my daily life was WKC. Every day while at work I'd be thinking about playing WKC in the evening. I would consider WKC time when making various plans. There were quite a few nights I had dreams of WKC even (and some of those were a real trip). You can say I was quite the addict. Then the news of shutdown came and yeah it hit me hard, but after a couple days it was time to look forward as being all bent out of shape was proving nothing.

I don't have problems letting the game itself go, I accomplished all I wanted to and made the game my (female dog). Friendships made along the way (be it just game or real life) will persist, and that's what matters. A game interface isn't needed for those.
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

June 24th, 2013, 3:25 pm

Linelie wrote:Only 3 days yet it feels longer. Prob because I had a very bad week and it was a nice game to unwind in lol. The game was just a glorified chat room to me at that point. I had no goals or desire to really quest.
I think I mainly miss the familarity of it. I knew how to play well and knew where everything was. However, being stuck in place really kills the fun of things. Just made me wish I was playing a different game with them, one not stuck in stagnation.

That is why we need you in FF. (tsun tsun hug) And I miss you, too. :kawaii:

ℒℴѵℯ, Hina ~ Neko Hime-sama, NekomimisFTW ˚₊✩‧₊(⌯͒o̶̶̷̤ ꀾ o̴̶̷̤⌯͒)* ✩‧₊˚

“Everyone smiles, when they are with you. Please...go and help people in my place. Share your happiness with them." ~ Yui, SAO
Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Hinagiku Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Healer & Weaver
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
FFXIV Linkshell: NekomimisFTW
WKC Avatar: Hinagiku

June 24th, 2013, 3:31 pm

Bertha wrote:I was there from day 1 to day 645... if I subtract out an estimated 100 days where I wasn't able to play, 2300 hrs of playtime averages out to a little over 4 hrs a day. In other words, 1/6 of my daily life was WKC. Every day while at work I'd be thinking about playing WKC in the evening. I would consider WKC time when making various plans. There were quite a few nights I had dreams of WKC even (and some of those were a real trip). You can say I was quite the addict. Then the news of shutdown came and yeah it hit me hard, but after a couple days it was time to look forward as being all bent out of shape was proving nothing.

I don't have problems letting the game itself go, I accomplished all I wanted to and made the game my (female dog). Friendships made along the way (be it just game or real life) will persist, and that's what matters. A game interface isn't needed for those.

I understand, Bertha. I didn't begin playing until later in WKC1 but Kos played it from the start so I knew the story and was familiar with a lot of the people he quested with. I was there at the start of WKC2 (though the first couple of weeks I was completing my WKC1 avi and having my 1st back surgery :goner: ). However with the exception of when my health kept me away, I was there and when I couldn't be it was still on my mind (and usually on in the same room since Kos was online).

I also had dreams and yep, they were a trip. haha I would think of people in the game and be concerned if I knew stuff was going on. It is funny how things happen like that.

The game may be over but the best bits remain.

ℒℴѵℯ, Hina ~ Neko Hime-sama, NekomimisFTW ˚₊✩‧₊(⌯͒o̶̶̷̤ ꀾ o̴̶̷̤⌯͒)* ✩‧₊˚

“Everyone smiles, when they are with you. Please...go and help people in my place. Share your happiness with them." ~ Yui, SAO
Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Hinagiku Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Healer & Weaver
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
FFXIV Linkshell: NekomimisFTW
WKC Avatar: Hinagiku

June 24th, 2013, 3:33 pm

Bertha wrote:I was there from day 1 to day 645... if I subtract out an estimated 100 days where I wasn't able to play, 2300 hrs of playtime averages out to a little over 4 hrs a day. In other words, 1/6 of my daily life was WKC. Every day while at work I'd be thinking about playing WKC in the evening. I would consider WKC time when making various plans. There were quite a few nights I had dreams of WKC even (and some of those were a real trip). You can say I was quite the addict. Then the news of shutdown came and yeah it hit me hard, but after a couple days it was time to look forward as being all bent out of shape was proving nothing.

Never do the MATH!!! WKC did become an ingrained part of our lives for a long while - especially if you played WKCIE before 2 came out.

lol

You're 100% correct, the friendships are what endure, they are the lasting legacy of WKC, and always will be. I have made many friends through the game, and will do everything I can to keep them.
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

June 24th, 2013, 3:33 pm

Linelie wrote:Only 3 days yet it feels longer. Prob because I had a very bad week and it was a nice game to unwind in lol. The game was just a glorified chat room to me at that point. I had no goals or desire to really quest.

I miss you too Lin. :)
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

July 8th, 2013, 2:20 pm

playing WKC is not the only reason i miss it so badly... i miss it because of what we did, because of who i met....
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

Return to General Discussion