Two things

This is the place for Chillin', kicking back and relaxing. General chat from WKC. Play nice.
Two things
June 18th, 2013, 1:37 pm

1. It was fun playing last night :stars:

2. Note to the skeptics: Spear users CAN survive Madoras' chain attack (Void Wave --> Shock Front / Shock Front --> Void Wave), which I demonstrated last night accidentally. The funny thing about this is that Spear users don't even have very good magic resistance (RES), yet I survived two 500-650+ blasts, with no heal before the second.
My Realm of the Mad God main account:

aljotron
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Aljotron Thedude
FFXIV Class/Race: Mi'qote Warrior
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
WKC Avatar: aljotron

Re: Two things
June 18th, 2013, 3:09 pm

aljotron wrote:1. It was fun playing last night :stars:

2. Note to the skeptics: Spear users CAN survive Madoras' chain attack (Void Wave --> Shock Front / Shock Front --> Void Wave), which I demonstrated last night accidentally. The funny thing about this is that Spear users don't even have very good magic resistance (RES), yet I survived two 500-650+ blasts, with no heal before the second.

Even though you'll likely ignore me like last time...

Just had to get a last jab in didn't you?

So, first off, I never said you can't possibly survive. BUT, if you get hit by void wave, even for 0 damage, get hit by Shock Front (without a block, thus being k.o.'d), the followup hit will kill you, again, unless you get a block. This can randomly happen without you being able to do anything about it.

Also, both of those moves are physical. Resistance doesn't factor into it at all.
Lem
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

WKC Avatar: Lem/Meena

June 18th, 2013, 3:14 pm

RS1 doesn't count, anyone with gr26 armor can survive there rather easily if they try to. RS2's damage is on a completely different level, especially when you actually have aggro from enemies. Lem is correct here, stop trying to prove things that simply aren't true.
Paznos
Neko
Neko

June 18th, 2013, 4:29 pm

Paznos wrote:RS1 doesn't count, anyone with gr26 armor can survive there rather easily if they try to. RS2's damage is on a completely different level, especially when you actually have aggro from enemies. Lem is correct here, stop trying to prove things that simply aren't true.

It was Upper Apex. Madoras hits for at LEAST 400 damage per hit there, even with resistance / defense buffs from Spears.

aljotron
Neko
Neko

June 18th, 2013, 4:39 pm

Lem wrote:
aljotron wrote:1. It was fun playing last night :stars:

Even though you'll likely ignore me like last time...

Just had to get a last jab in didn't you?

So, first off, I never said you can't possibly survive. BUT, if you get hit by void wave, even for 0 damage, get hit by Shock Front (without a block, thus being k.o.'d), the followup hit will kill you, again, unless you get a block. This can randomly happen without you being able to do anything about it.

Also, both of those moves are physical. Resistance doesn't factor into it at all.

That's funny, because I'm a Spear user (which is based on defense) and got hit by Shock Front --> Dark Wave once and still survived (Even after being stunned). I'm not trying to say 'Hah in ur faces u dumb pewpz my speer skilz r betr den yurs hahaha swich 2 sper oor els get pwnd by my skil huhuhu', so please stop acting like I am. I'm just letting spear skeptics know that not all boss combos doom everybody, even if you get hit by both and survive what would be a fatal hit or two. If spear skeptics would stop yelling in my face about how I can't survive a hit from a boss, then everything would be fine and I would not have to reply nicely (which you would make an angry retort to and try to call me a liar ($20 says that you will say that you aren't trying to do that) every time I try to prove a point (which would be annoying)) Let's cut the drama and arguing and just allow people to prove points. Okay? Good.

aljotron
Neko
Neko

June 18th, 2013, 5:05 pm

aljotron wrote:
Paznos wrote:RS1 doesn't count, anyone with gr26 armor can survive there rather easily if they try to. RS2's damage is on a completely different level, especially when you actually have aggro from enemies. Lem is correct here, stop trying to prove things that simply aren't true.

It was Upper Apex. Madoras hits for at LEAST 400 damage per hit there, even with resistance / defense buffs from Spears.

No, he doesn't. Maybe if you're using poor gear yeah, but any tank with any sort of skill can survive in upper apex easily. Even with just 3 pieces of armor I could easily tank Madoras in Apex. Apex is literally a joke once you learn how Madoras fights, it's not impressive to survive a few hits from him.
Paznos
Neko
Neko

June 18th, 2013, 5:11 pm

Seriously Aljotron. If you had ever, as a Spear, tanked RS2 Madoras, you'd KNOW he doesn't even remotely compare to the Apex one.
Lem
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

WKC Avatar: Lem/Meena

June 18th, 2013, 7:22 pm

Lem wrote:Seriously Aljotron. If you had ever, as a Spear, tanked RS2 Madoras, you'd KNOW he doesn't even remotely compare to the Apex one.

And when was the last time you fought Madoras in Upper Apex with Medium armor (Gilded set) and a Lux Guardian? Ever? That's what I thought. I am done arguing with people who think that I have poor gear and no skill at all, so you may exit and try to to prove to me that I am not a good tanker in solo mode now (now that the servers are down).

Paznos wrote:
aljotron wrote:

No, he doesn't. Maybe if you're using poor gear yeah, but any tank with any sort of skill can survive in upper apex easily. Even with just 3 pieces of armor I could easily tank Madoras in Apex. Apex is literally a joke once you learn how Madoras fights, it's not impressive to survive a few hits from him.

This makes me want to cry blood because I have over 700 defense when not buffed, and I was heavily buffed then. I bet you're saying this because you think that this is a competition, and you think that I'm merely some obstacle in your path that you can insult as you please. As for armor, does a full set of Gilded armor and a Lux Guardian count as poor? Maybe to you, but not to me, because it's the best Medium armor out there. Or maybe you're saying that because you've had a full set of Titan Armor II upgraded so much that you have ungodly high defense with it equipped, all other armor is worthless. Ceremonial Armor+20? Pass. Gilded Armor? Medium armor is for GR7 noobs. Since I wish not to argue any further (with you or Lem), please come back when you are 1) less angry and 2) are not glorifying yourself.

aljotron
Neko
Neko

June 18th, 2013, 7:34 pm

White Knight Chronicles.... the best RPG ive ever played..... Gone... but i will never forget.... Nekos...... it was an honor to be alongside you....
Iron Courage. need I say more?
Sapphire
Neko
Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Sapphire Harushii
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Jack-of-all-trades in training
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW!
WKC Avatar: Sapphire

June 18th, 2013, 7:49 pm

I'm sure this will come out wrong, but I'm being realistic. You're arguing with people who have spent hundreds, thousands of hours testing things in WKC. I haven't played with you much, but I have seen Paznos in action and Lem has an excellent reputation: I trust their judgement in a heart beat. Watching this argument is like watching a kitten try to outroar a lion. And how dare you act like some peoples' achievements are trivial just because you weren't able to earn the same things. Titan certainly is one of the best spear armors: anyone who spend hours farming Yshrenian Oil Drops feels every minute of it and deserves a little more respect than you are showing.
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

FFXIV Avatar: Gemma Shahrizai
FFXIV Class/Race: THM/Hyur
FFXIV Free Company: Last Order (Test)
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW

June 18th, 2013, 9:05 pm

Thank you Rhapsody.

Also, I'll have to let you know I've tanked with medium armor and a heavy shield, armor "weaker" than guilded is. Don't assume someone else hasn't done something you have unless you can prove it.

And to your second point, 700 defense is a joke at gr26. Most mages can reach 700 just by enhancing their gear, not even to max. I don't see this as a competition, but a kid trying to talk big and needing to be shown he's not what he thinks he is. And while I wouldn't call the Gilded set or lux guardian poor, if you can't enhance them why brag about the armor, it's just as good or bad as anything else unenhanced.

I worked for every drop of my titan armor, and I damn deserved it after putting hours and hours into soloing quests others didn't want to do. And I use medium armor regular, I never said anything was wrong with it did I? Rather, it's valid for most classes and uses, being the most balanced. If you don't want to argue, educate yourself and stop trying to glorify yourself, like your own advice.
Paznos
Neko
Neko

June 19th, 2013, 12:05 am

The game is over and I am sure we are all feeling a loss. That makes things...raw.

But there are a good number of people who played the game EVERY SINGLE DAY, legit/fair and square and earned gear and experience. They learned to play as a team, relying on each others' strength and filling one anothers' weaknesses.

Damage dealers are many times only as good as their support people. Not to burst any bubbles or diminish anyone's skills, but that is also the case with the quests in question.

I know because I was there (until geonet burped) and I know Kos was there the rest of the time (and last one standing). I know how many heals, fates, raises, etc. were used. I know how many times Mado's attacks would have taken out the whole party (spear tank included) without the support team. I know that we ran quests specifically upon request, specifically with support...going out of our way to do so. Doing this even though it was not really the plan for the last evening.

With this being said, I'm not quite sure of the purpose of this thread. The game was meant for teams, not individuals. Many played together as a team every day or nearly so. But it is over now. Time to move on.

ℒℴѵℯ, Hina ~ Neko Hime-sama, NekomimisFTW ˚₊✩‧₊(⌯͒o̶̶̷̤ ꀾ o̴̶̷̤⌯͒)* ✩‧₊˚

“Everyone smiles, when they are with you. Please...go and help people in my place. Share your happiness with them." ~ Yui, SAO
Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Hinagiku Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Healer & Weaver
FFXIV Linkshell: NekomimisFTW
WKC Avatar: Hinagiku

June 19th, 2013, 4:57 pm

This thread is stupid. I tanked RS2 Madoras with 700 DEF in light armour /wins

Now what will I do with my epeen...?
Ronneroo
Neko friend
Neko friend

FFXIV Avatar: Ronskandar Bonnoir
FFXIV Class/Race: Lalafell
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW!
WKC Avatar: Ayumu

June 21st, 2013, 12:56 pm

Well, this escalated quickly. I was just trying to state something nicely and a bunch of people come in saying 'Faaaaaaaake, you weren't in the blast radius / you used a spear and shield / other stuffs and reasons', so people come in and start calling this thread stupid because of other people. I'm outta this one :run:

aljotron
Neko
Neko

Return to General Discussion