The fate of any WKC message board

This is the place for Chillin', kicking back and relaxing. General chat from WKC. Play nice.
The fate of any WKC message board
May 20th, 2013, 9:11 am

Now I can say I've seen essentially the same thing happen in 4 different locations.

- a bunch of people sign up
- you end up with ~10% of those who sign up to be active over a time, with the rest being deadbeats after just a couple posts
- That ~10% eventually runs out of things to say, thus the forum dies off
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

FFXIV Avatar: Haggar Drinksalott
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: Haggar/Bertha

Yes, the last weeks the forum was only alive thanks to Dragon's Dogma, GW2 and FF XIV demo, which meant onyl 5-6 people.
Kay
N4Life
N4Life

WKC Avatar: Kayla

havent really seen much new posts. i do see people on the chat box thing though. as for me, im about 8 levels away from maxing out battlefield 3 online and trying to clear out my backlog in time for the last of us.

on the topic of clearing out backlogged games, i dont seem to get much done because i just keep adding or replacing stuff XD. i just finished dark arisen and bought tomb raider. lol
John
N4Life
N4Life

Yep, the running out of things to say is definitely it.

I am not one to make a post just because. Always somewhat disheartening when you do make a post and nobody seems to care. Kinda stop trying at some point.
Lem
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

WKC Avatar: Lem/Meena

I'm still around. I just lurk more often than not as my computer had issues since April and I couldn't use it. Been posting with 3DS and it's just not as smooth.
Linelie
Mercenary
Mercenary

WKC Avatar: Linelie

Those of us who were using the chat have moved to using a service called ChatON, which is more phone friendly. Anyone who wants to join that is welcome to join our chat group. When even the creators of a site disappear and don't support it, there's not much incentive to stick around.
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

FFXIV Avatar: Gemma Shahrizai
FFXIV Class/Race: THM/Hyur
FFXIV Free Company: Last Order (Test)
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW

Rhapsody wrote:When even the creators of a site disappear and don't support it, there's not much incentive to stick around.

I was gonna ask about that and figured might as well do it here.

What happened there? Kos and Hina both seemed to be very involved, advertised the site and all, and then one day they both just disappeared. Like a month ago by now. Is everything okay with them?
Lem
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

Lem wrote:
Rhapsody wrote:When even the creators of a site disappear and don't support it, there's not much incentive to stick around.

I was gonna ask about that and figured might as well do it here.

What happened there? Kos and Hina both seemed to be very involved, advertised the site and all, and then one day they both just disappeared. Like a month ago by now. Is everything okay with them?

They're both on my fake Facebook page, and things seem normal.. but they went from being gung ho about playing til the end, Hina talking about not wanting to lose touch with all of us... To just vanishing. And I'm sure in a few days to a few weeks one or both of them will come here and tell us what's going on. Most recently, Hina hurt her hand and can't game much and Kosmos has been very busy at work. I would love to stay in touch with all of my wkc friends,, but with internet/gaming friends you've got to come around a little more often. Otherwise people slowly forget about you and that's just the way it is (for everyone, not just Kosmos and Hinagiku).
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

FFXIV Avatar: Gemma Shahrizai
FFXIV Class/Race: THM/Hyur
FFXIV Free Company: Last Order (Test)
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW

Alright, thanks for the info.
Lem
WKC Friend
WKC Friend