Who's got video capture gear?

This is the place for Chillin', kicking back and relaxing. General chat from WKC. Play nice.
Who's got video capture gear?
April 18th, 2013, 12:10 am

Hi Folks,

OK, here's something I want to try to set up for May. I'll need a couple of volunteers to help with this. So, if you have the ability to capture video in 720p/1080p from a PS3, let me know by messaging me.

Here's the idea. I know that we all have spent a long time with our avatars and friends in the game, and with the 16 player limit on rooms and 6 per quest, we can't all get in one room and meet up. But, I want to have some kind of visual record of our avatars, our friends and our guild.

I was originally thinking in terms of getting all present and past members of the guild together and n taking screenshots on a digital camera, but in this day and age of video with everything, HD video would be better, and we can capture stills from the video as well.

So, sometime in May, before we get too close to June, I want to have a weekend, or perhaps a week long event, where members of the NekomimisFTW guild can have video of their avatar made, perhaps some stills captured, perhaps in one or more armors, or even on a quest. Get groups of friends together and make some images of them together as well. That kind of thing.

I have the server space to put a gallery of images for the guild in place on the guild's forum site. Video might be shared via YouTube for those that OK the use of their image in a shared video. So we can create a visual record of our virtual selves in the game that brought us together.

Now, this will only work if people are interested. If you're interested, comment below, and if you can do the video capture, please message me.

I'll also post this to the Nekomimisftw.com forum site later
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

Re: Who's got video capture gear?
April 18th, 2013, 12:49 am

You already know I can do that ^_^. WKC2 native resolution is 720p, it's useless to have a recording device able to record higher resolution than that (for this game).
Alkor
Banned
Banned

FFXIV Avatar: Alicia Searrs

April 18th, 2013, 3:52 am

:)

Thanks Alkor, I did not want to presume on your time. With the spread of timezones, I am hoping we can find one other guild member with the equipment needed to capture the video and stills. But your help will most definitely be appreciated. I want to create a visual gallery of our guild member's avatars, and for those that want it, perhaps some video footage for them to play with too.
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

April 18th, 2013, 6:35 am

I'll try to get in contact with Musashi. He has offered to make videos in the past and he might be able to help out late at night since he's in the US.
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

FFXIV Avatar: Gemma Shahrizai
FFXIV Class/Race: THM/Hyur
FFXIV Free Company: Last Order (Test)
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW

May 22nd, 2013, 8:50 pm

Is this still being planned? I'd love to see a quest I was in from another viewpoint.
Linelie
Mercenary
Mercenary

WKC Avatar: Linelie

Return to General Discussion