Firespider hunts

Need help understanding something? Can't find out how to get Rainbow Canon? Ask your game related questions here, and answer the questions that you can. Help each other out.
Firespider hunts
April 15th, 2013, 10:34 am

OK, KOSMOS is trying to get her White Tiger top enhanced, it's been stuck at +13 for months and months. Enhancing it takes those wonderful Firespider Glands which must be about as rare as Flemron 108. So the question is, what is the best location/quest to find tier 4 firespiders consistently and quickly. There is always one in House Money 2 for example, but you have to fight your way to it, JJB2 also has one, but again you fight your way to it. FMQ has them, but they spawn relatively randomly, so you may, or may not see them. I just need to find a good consistent supply and start the extermination. Any ideas?
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

Re: Firespider hunts
April 15th, 2013, 11:05 am

I think the spiders in WF2 have a better drop rate, but it's not a consistent source as the element spiders take there is random. Anyway, it's still my fav quest to go get spider drops.

You can also make a team to kill Aestan is frass FMQ, it'll spawn if you kill enough big monsters (I think it's 15).
Alkor
Banned
Banned

FFXIV Avatar: Alicia Searrs

April 15th, 2013, 12:09 pm

Sounds like I need to finish getting my NPCs back to lvl 80 and run WF2 a few times for the spider kills.
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

April 15th, 2013, 12:18 pm

jj2 is probably the quickest consistent way to get a firespider. Kill Goliath, Efreet, Aestal, quit right by Aestal, should take 5-6 min with just 3 people even, faster with more. FMQ and wf2 are too hit and miss to be reliable, but FMQ will give you a loot chance. The problem is how long it takes to get to that loot chance. hm2 will just be a waste of your time... while the 1 firespider may give you a drop, the loot never delivers.
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

FFXIV Avatar: Haggar Drinksalott
WKC Avatar: Haggar/Bertha

Return to Game Help