Availability of Tickets

Need help understanding something? Can't find out how to get Rainbow Canon? Ask your game related questions here, and answer the questions that you can. Help each other out.
Availability of Tickets
April 7th, 2013, 10:26 am

I know some of you are still relying on token storage tickets and the like but I heard from an EU player that GR, Item drop, Result, and token storage tickets are no longer for sale on the EU psn store. Right now they are still available on the US store but if you are in need of them you better pick them up now.
psn: Ack-Tar
Colette
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

FFXIV Avatar: Jamie Ciel
FFXIV Free Company: SWEET
WKC Avatar: Jamie/Colette

Re: Availability of Tickets
April 7th, 2013, 3:09 pm

It's not just tickets that have been removed. It's EVERYTHING.

The only items, as of right now, that remain on the UK store are the:

Geonet Licence
White Knight ticket (the white knight avatar helm)
Cisna Concierge ticket.

All hairstyles, tickets, incor equipment and colours have been removed.
Hope
N4Life
N4Life

WKC Avatar: Clara (Previously Hope)

April 7th, 2013, 8:14 pm

It's the honest thing to do, really.
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

FFXIV Avatar: Gemma Shahrizai
FFXIV Class/Race: THM/Hyur
FFXIV Free Company: Last Order (Test)
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW

April 8th, 2013, 7:25 am

Honest, yes. But was it the right way to do it, not so sure. Seems strange that they would take them down with well over a month left in the life of the servers. They are there one day and gone the next, and not even on a store update day.
A friend of mine lost all tokens over her 9 because she was unable to purchase a new ticket this weekend. Had she known this she wouldn't have saved tokens and then lost them. I know it's not their fault but I posted this as a heads up to people who have been depending on the storage tickets.
psn: Ack-Tar
Colette
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

FFXIV Avatar: Jamie Ciel
FFXIV Free Company: SWEET
WKC Avatar: Jamie/Colette

April 8th, 2013, 5:47 pm

Would have been nice to warn people. As usual, they just do as they please with no regard to the playerbase. Sad how the game is handled. I'm a US player but I don't really buy tickets so I'm not affected. Anyone who wants dlc, you might want to take the initiave. Personally, I think they don't deserve any more money lol.
Linelie
Mercenary
Mercenary

WKC Avatar: Linelie

April 8th, 2013, 10:45 pm

What's the point of yanking the DLC items from the store that are for the offline portion? The avatar hairstyles, make over tickets, gr ticket, item and results ticket, the knight armors and weapons, etc.... none of that was tied to the online portion of the game. Removing them is asinine in the extreme. Geonet licenses, the token storage tickets and the guild license and concierges were the only items that really were linked to online play. Removing all the rest is ridiculous.
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

April 8th, 2013, 10:58 pm

I'm pretty sure the first time I bought a ticket, the GR ticket, it didn't activate until I signed in to geonet. All of the tickets, hairstyles, makeover ticket, etc are listed in your "Online Items" list.

Let's be honest: there's really no reason to be hoarding tokens anymore. This is the end and in two months it won't matter. I guess I'm the only person who feels that pulling the tickets (and income for D3) was the right thing to do.
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

FFXIV Avatar: Gemma Shahrizai
FFXIV Class/Race: THM/Hyur
FFXIV Free Company: Last Order (Test)
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW

April 8th, 2013, 11:20 pm

No, I completely agree that pulling things like the token ticket is the right thing to do. If these items only function if the geonet server is available, then yes it's right. But most of the items activate as soon as they are purchased from the store. I mean, how can the ark armors and weapons be online items? Avatar hair styles? Georama items? All these things functioned during server outages, so why remove them? that's all I'm saying.
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

April 9th, 2013, 8:42 am

the easiest way to know if its the disk content is by the file size. most are only 100kb meaning its an unlock code we downloaded and is on the disk, anything larger than that is added content. i cant rightly remember the geoitems but as theyre installed on the HDD it doenst need online connection to detect them.

The only items wee need the psn server for is the online related stuff such as the online pass and tickets. maybe the geo characters too but since the guild options only work online thats unclarified. all others are used in the offline section of the game.
Diord Fionn: Glaine ár gcroí, Neart ár ngéag, Beart de réir ár mbriathar
Truth in our hearts. Strength in our hands. Consistency in our tongues.

Berformet
N4Life
N4Life

WKC Avatar: Shannon (and 7 others)

April 9th, 2013, 1:39 pm

I know when I had the item tickets and back then EXP ticket they only worked on geonet not offline.

But like Kos said what about Incor equipment and accessory helms for your avatar? Make over tickets? And the like?
Hope
N4Life
N4Life

April 9th, 2013, 5:08 pm

By offline, do you mean just off geonet? I think you may just need to be signed on PSN for them to work. You get a GR boost just for being "online" but just needs to be PSN.
Linelie
Mercenary
Mercenary

WKC Avatar: Linelie

April 9th, 2013, 5:47 pm

The items you already have better still work (not the tickets, but the other things).

ℒℴѵℯ, Hina ~ Neko Hime-sama, NekomimisFTW ˚₊✩‧₊(⌯͒o̶̶̷̤ ꀾ o̴̶̷̤⌯͒)* ✩‧₊˚

“Everyone smiles, when they are with you. Please...go and help people in my place. Share your happiness with them." ~ Yui, SAO
Hinagiku
Grand Neko
Grand Neko

FFXIV Avatar: Hinagiku Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Healer & Weaver
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW
FFXIV Linkshell: NekomimisFTW
WKC Avatar: Hinagiku

April 10th, 2013, 4:25 am

By offline, I meant signed into PSN but not Geonet.

Either me for me, Clara will be retired with the servers. I have no interest to continue playing without the online portion. I'm in need of vessels only these days, vessels won't happen. Servers die so does my WKC time.
Hope
N4Life
N4Life

April 10th, 2013, 9:51 am

ill check now and see but as far as i know the items useable in game such as georama trees, houses and plants are useable reguardless of internet connection, the incorr items too have no online ties. the only thing that have any ties to a net collection would be the items on a timer and your online pass. all other items should stilll be accessable while completely offline from both psn and geonet.

Berformet
N4Life
N4Life

April 10th, 2013, 10:02 am

so i ran my test, we wont have access to ANYTHING that appears in the ONLINE ITEMS section of storage when completely disconnected. but as long as your on psn you can get them. im just going to double check on everything once more.

Berformet
N4Life
N4Life

Next

Return to Game Help