What will be possible off-line?

Need help understanding something? Can't find out how to get Rainbow Canon? Ask your game related questions here, and answer the questions that you can. Help each other out.
What will be possible off-line?
March 25th, 2013, 12:51 pm

OK, since we know the end is nigh, what in your estimations will be possible/impossible in offline play?

Assuming a player is not yet GR26, but was online in a guild before the end, they may have some vessels of Truth (or others) stocked along with some armors like Cyclas, Gilded or Spectral, so they may have an edge over players that come new to it with no online play at all.

What do you think a well equipped player who's been in a guild since the start and is GR30 will be capable of offline?

What limitations do you think players that start a new-game with no online or guild items available? I posted this to a facebook comment earlier;

These quests would be very difficult, if not impossible to get better than a D or C rank offline;
  • Root of Evil 2,
  • Fog of War 2,
  • Lost legion 2,
  • Fright of Dragons 2,
  • Anti-Yshrenian Activities 2,
  • Watery Glaives 2 and
  • Enemy Mine 2 (you won't die, but it's very difficult to do the damage needed without a party of 5-6 higher GR players).

Even with TK weapons and maxed out armors these quests can be a challenge online - if the teamwork is not there. If you play offline only, or after the service is discontinued, these quests will be impossible for the majority of players without cheating.Let's imagine that you're Gr24 when the servers die. You don't have the mats to make Lux weapons, TKs are not going to happen until GR30 - even if you were in a guild online and saved up your geostones and for some vessels of truth. To get to GR26, you'll be grinding GR quests to death without the help of a party, that's a lot of grinding (EU players have it worse than NA since they need more GR points per rank).

If you only ever play offline or start new, here are the things that I would say you will *never* get;

• LightWing weapons,
  • TrueKing weapons (need LightWings to make them plus Vessels of truth),
  • Lux weapons,
  • Madoras weapons,
  • Cyclas Armor,
  • Shambala and Agartha Armor,
  • Gilded Armor,
  • Formal and formal 2 armor,
  • Spectral Armor,
  • Parade and Ceremonial Armor,
  • Titan 2 armor,
  • Serpent 2 armor,
  • Soleil 2 armor,
  • Troll 2 Armor

Accessory sets that will be unavailable include all the ones in the geoforge such as;
  • Lilly set,
  • Misty set,
  • Sylpheed set
  • Honey set,
  • Ruler Set,
  • Hunter Set,
  • Chef Set,
  • Blacksmith Set

I doubt solo only players without the gear most of us already have would be capable of defeating the bounties in FMQs offline either.

What do you think? Any additions/modifications/opinions?
Escape reality, live the fantasy! - Louisoix Leveilleur
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

FFXIV Avatar: Kosmos Meishou
FFXIV Class/Race: Miqo'te Gladiator/Conjurer
FFXIV Free Company: Nekomimis FTW!
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW!
WKC Avatar: KOSMOS

Re: What will be possible off-line?
March 25th, 2013, 1:09 pm

A spear can get A or S (the rank needed for blue items) on most quests, but even as a spear the ones below are likely impossible to get A or S:
RoE2 (time limit and difficulty)
WF2 (quest items)
EM2 (damage output too low)
RS2 (difficulty)
Abyss2 (difficulty)
FoW2 (time limit)
QwK2 (time limit)

In terms of gear, anything requiring vessels and the guild shop is out. While other stuff is in the realm of possibility, you can well eliminate the following sets:
soliel 2
grimoire 2
troll 2
jupiter/minerva
sensui
whatever uses em2 blues

Regarding the accessory sets, georamas can be visited offline... but would the coins be available in the shop offline?

Long story short, it will not be fun to get the top gear sets in this game by legitimate means in offline mode.
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

FFXIV Avatar: Haggar Drinksalott
WKC Avatar: Haggar/Bertha

March 25th, 2013, 1:39 pm

You can get the georama armors with the georama coins offline, but the accessory sets which you wear over y9our armor are only in the forge I think.

Oh, and you do get Blues on B-ranks too, just not the same frequency or number.
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

March 25th, 2013, 1:43 pm

The coins can be bought offline, but they only make the georama armors available, not the Accessory items that look like them. And the armors themselves aren't useful for much beyond rebirthing.

Agree with all points... offline, there is nearly no point to this game.

And whilst I have succeeded at quests like AYA2 solo, getting blues, I only did so with gear that was obtained from the dlc quests... so I really can't judge if it can be done without.

Either way, so much content in this game is so obviously balanced for more than 3 active party members. Their claim that there's hundreds of hours of offline content to be enjoyed is ridiculous.
Lem
WKC Friend
WKC Friend

WKC Avatar: Lem/Meena

March 25th, 2013, 1:47 pm

Completely agree Lem. Their claim is ridiculous.
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

March 25th, 2013, 3:28 pm

I can B rank WG2 and FOD2. Then again, my method is FoD2 is using my knight with Adolmaea Lawblade II, and that requires codes that will take extreme luck to obtain solo. Alkor, Kayla, and I were able to complete Kibbles 2: perhaps having two npc mages and a mage avatar would work here.
Windfrockers: quest items make it difficult with the time limit. Maybe B rank is possible.
Abyss: boss is too difficult
AYA: bow or spear should be able to do this, if you have a fast route
Rival Survival: maybe spear can B rank. But needing codes to enhance these would turn me off.
Gatekeeper: I can A rank. And perhaps getting that Taureth 2 to a decent level can assist you with aya2.
Jungle Jailbreak: best bet. Everyone offline can be ninja archers!

Honestly, the game becomes difficult to solo anything around GR14. I can't see many sales once geonet is deleted.

You gave me an idea to go try to solo some of these. 9th rebirth for Rhapsody to go out as a mage? ;)
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Rhapsody
N4Life
N4Life

FFXIV Avatar: Gemma Shahrizai
FFXIV Class/Race: THM/Hyur
FFXIV Free Company: Last Order (Test)
FFXIV Linkshell: Nekomimis FTW

March 26th, 2013, 8:45 am

Yeah I was tired yesterday, so I misread... there's no ways to get the accessory sets offline.

To prep others as best as we can, we should put our heads together and come up with a final guide to playing offline. I'll start a new topic where we brainstorm, and I'll build the final guide as we get final determinations on things.
Haggar
Neko Steward
Neko Steward

FFXIV Avatar: Haggar Drinksalott
WKC Avatar: Haggar/Bertha

March 26th, 2013, 8:18 pm

I think it was mentioned in the offline guide but not here. Level 8 gems are only obtainable in the guild room so anyone without them will not be able to get their gear past +15. Be sure to nab some from the forge if you see them if you plan on still upping gear once it goes offline. I have no such plans personally. Without online, this game is meaningless to me lol.
Linelie
Mercenary
Mercenary

WKC Avatar: Linelie

March 27th, 2013, 12:10 pm

Good point about the Gem 8's.

They're not available in the Dahlia exchange either, are they? I think that only goes to the level 7 gems.
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

March 27th, 2013, 12:19 pm

Rhapsody wrote:Windfrockers: quest items make it difficult with the time limit. Maybe B rank is possible.
Gatekeeper: I can A rank. And perhaps getting that Taureth 2 to a decent level can assist you with aya2.
Jungle Jailbreak: best bet. Everyone offline can be ninja archers!

Honestly, the game becomes difficult to solo anything around GR14. I can't see many sales once geonet is deleted.

You gave me an idea to go try to solo some of these. 9th rebirth for Rhapsody to go out as a mage? ;)

Hmmm.... I was thinking about Windfrokers. I think you can solo that one, if you're strong enough, the biggest issues would be time and the final battle. S rank is out of the question in my mind because there's not enough time, and you'd have to find a way to take the spirit lords one at a time. If you don't go for the best suit available, what is the final battle? Better mousetrap adjusts the final battle based on the success of the glider. If you make anything less than the best suit in WK, does it alter the number and/or type of spirit lords faced at the end? Could it be possible to B rank it that way? You can still get blues from a B rank.

Perhaps this is something to try in the remaining time as well, see what is possible with a well enhanced character and NPC party. I agree about FoD, and AYA. I think without the Magi NPCs a well set up avatar could manage that quest if assisted by properly enhanced NPCs. B rank at best?

What about Lost legion? My only concern would be the final battle with two tier 4 arks without elemental weakness and Wizel who can oneshot anyone without 950+ DEF.
KOSMOS
Neko Master
Neko Master

March 30th, 2013, 8:32 am

KOSMOS wrote:You can get the georama armors with the georama coins offline, but the accessory sets which you wear over y9our armor are only in the forge I think.

Oh, and you do get Blues on B-ranks too, just not the same frequency or number.

Yeah those accessory sets are only available in the forge, or in the Dahlia shop (EU only with WKC: Origins data)

I'll never get to finish my spectral armour or TK weapon that I've spent about 12 months on already :scream:
Hope
N4Life
N4Life

WKC Avatar: Clara (Previously Hope)

March 30th, 2013, 10:07 am

Hope wrote:I'll never get to finish my spectral armour or TK weapon that I've spent about 12 months on already :scream:

This really is the stupid part. I won't be motivated to play it again either way if I can't play with friends, but if I were to change my mind, I wouldn't even be able to work on the one thing left working for: the best weapon/gear.
Ronneroo
Neko friend
Neko friend

FFXIV Avatar: Ronskandar Bonnoir
FFXIV Class/Race: Lalafell
FFXIV Free Company: NekomimisFTW!
WKC Avatar: Ayumu

Return to Game Help